Staying away from the liquor cabinet during TS Isaac....

kew

I'm not sure if this belongs in Troubleshooting, so apologies if this is in the wrong place, but I am just posting because of my sneaking suspicion that I will not make it to Day 7 because of the stress of the kids trapped indoors and fretted about the storm. It's really not supposed to be that bad, weather-wise, where I am, but cabin-fever wise, I have my doubts!

So, if anyone feels like offering me a pat on the back -- or a kick in the pants -- to help me make it through, I'd welcome it! :)

(I should perhaps say that giving up wine has not been all that much of a big deal so far. But I definitely see a connection between anxiety, boredom, a resultant sense of entitlement to some me-time and cosseting, and wine!)

I live in the northeast where we get huge snowstorms. I always used this as an opportunity to let the kids do something I wouldn't normally let them do. Like use all the blankets in the house to make a tent in the living room or dining room. Then eat lunch under this tent. Even if it makes a mess. I would let them do the tents in their own rooms, but never in the regular living space unless it was something special like that.

Made the time more fun, less of a chore for everyone, and they were just happy mom was letting them do something they thought was cool.

In other words, come up with a distraction that will make you less crazy than if they are bored :)

We got through the storm with no problems -- really, there was no storm, as such, where we are. So this wasn't much of a test of my resolve after all, but I was very happy to get the suggestions and general affirmation, as they helped set me up properly in advance. Thanks much!

Archived