Day 20 and feeling queasy

katiew822

Tummy woes have been non-existent this Whole 30 but all of a sudden on Days19-20, I've felt queasy and have had terrible gas. I want to take some Pepto but know I can't because of the added fake sugar. I've been drinking ginger tea and it doesn't seem to be helping. The only thing that has changed in what I'm eating is that I made guacamole with diced jalapeños. Maybe the spiciness threw off the balance in my gut. I'm obviously going to avoid jalapeño... But just wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas on causes/cure. Thanks in advance for your help!

• Administrators

That's too bad, sorry to hear you're not feeling well.  Could be the peppers, could be that you're fighting off a flu, could be that your gut bacteria are still rebalancing.

Here's what I found from Livestrong:

Gas Pains

Not everyone develops gas from the same foods, but some foods are considered highly gas-forming. The University of Michigan Health Services explains that eating spicy foods, such as jalapenos, can increase the movement of food through your bowels, which can cause more gas. Gas pains develop when gas becomes trapped in your digestive system, placing pressure on your intestines. Common symptoms of gas pains include a knotted feeling in your stomach, passing of gas, sharp pain in your abdomen and swelling in your abdomen, which causes bloating, according to MayoClinic.com. Gas pains may cause severe pain but are harmless.

Archived