Day 31...No Energy! Carb tweaking??

Day 31, wahoo!!  Not quite seeing the magic yet, so I have decided to extend.  I am sleeping great but waking up is very hard and my energy levels are still low.  I am typically sleeping from 11 to 7:30 and have to DRAG myself out of bed once the alarm sounds. 

I am wondering about carb amounts and timing and maybe I need to do some tweaking.

Typical day:

M1 - Usually 2 scrambled eggs with blueberries and lots of spinach all sautéed in ghee plus about 1/4 lb of breakfast sausage or bacon OR breakfast hash with potatoes, onions, peppers, meat and fried eggs (love to top with Hollandaise).  I am usually not hungry until about 5 hours later.

M2 - Chicken salad (probably 1 chicken breast) with celery, green apple, homemade mayo, lots of cucumber and carrot sticks OR leftover meat with compliant mashed potatoes and a salad OR something similar

PreWO - Admittedly I have been skipping this during this Whole30 because I eat lunch around 1:30 or 2 and I am never hungry pre-workout

4:30 Crossfit

PostWO - 2 Paleo beef stix (I think it is 14g protein total)

Dinner - Sweet potato or plantains, leftover meat and Caesar salad or roasted veggies, or some similar combo. 

Do I need more starchy veggies?  I was worried about having some with each meal as I don't want to depend too much on potatoes and I do have fat to lose.  I was also thinking timing could play a role, so this week I thought I would only do starches in the evening and see how that goes.  And maybe next week only starches with breakfast...., etc.

Awesomeness I did see this Whole30:  Sleep!!!  Sleeping like a baby, don't feel bloated, Vertigo seems to be gone, lost 4 lbs (and 1.5 inches on my waist and hips), good digestion and cravings almost nonexistent. 

What I need is more energy and to bound out of bed in the morning before the alarm clock!!

• Moderators

It may take you more time and you may need more starchy veg. I had been restricting them in the hopes of losing weight, and only recently discovered that eating starchy carbs, and I mean plenty of them, at meals 2 and 3 has actually helped me lose weight. Don't fear carbs! Give it a shot. 

Archived