Is Fenugreek ok?

Hello! I'm totally new to Whole 30 and planning to begin my 30 days in 2 weeks. I'm a breastfeeding mother and my milk supply hasn't been the greatest the past couple months. I was wondering if liquid Fenugreek is ok to take on the program. Also, 2 more questions; 1) what are the protein guidelines? Like can I eat beef? Venison? Pork roll? 2) should I have 4 meals instead of 3 bc I'm breastfeeding or is there an exception for breastfeeding mothers to eat more daily?

• Moderators

I am not familiar with liquid Fenugreek, what are the ingredients?

You can eat beef, venison, poultry, fish, lamb, pork (though for pork, sourcing is more important).

Many breastfeeding mothers find 4 meals really helps. There is a lot of great discussion in the forum on this topic. You can scroll through and read, or use your google or other search engine and type in "breastfeeding whole30" or similar for best results.

Thank you!

Fenugreek helps with the milk supply so I wanted to make sure I can still use it when needed during the 30 days. Fenugreek ingredients; certified organic alcohol (67-77%), distilled water & certified organic fenugreek extractives. Gluten-free.

Pork Roll is a NJ thing so I forget people don't know what it is :) Where's my NJ Whole30 peeps at?

I'll check out what other Breastfeeding mothers are doing with their meals. Thanks!

• Moderators

Thank you!
Fenugreek helps with the milk supply so I wanted to make sure I can still use it when needed during the 30 days. Fenugreek ingredients; certified organic alcohol (67-77%), distilled water & certified organic fenugreek extractives. Gluten-free.
Pork Roll is a NJ thing so I forget people don't know what it is  :) Where's my NJ Whole30 peeps at?
I'll check out what other Breastfeeding mothers are doing with their meals. Thanks!

The alcohol would generally make this non-compliant for Whole30. Could you do fenugreek tea or in some other form instead? 

I figured as much! They do make a fenugreek tea that I haven't tried yet. I'll look in to that. If that does work with the program I'm really hoping it doesn't taste as bad as the liquid. I'm adding a full dropper to about 1 cup of water. It's hard to swallow it's so strong.

• 4 months later...

Archived