Issues with nightshades??

I am on day 33 of my Whole45.  I have had this nagging middle back pain for a few weeks.  I have not been to the chiropractor to rule out a problem, he has been on vacation.  I'm not sure if an adjustment would help, the pain is very intermittent.  It comes and goes regardless of activity.  I remembered that my mom has arthritis in her hips and avoids nightshades to ease her pain.  I do eat potatoes, bell peppers, tomatoes and lots of paprika.  I have read nightshades cause joint pain, I have not had any pain in my joints but I am not sure if it can manifest as back pain.  I am also having recurrent digestive distress that I hoped would have been gone by now.

I don't want to eliminate nightshades unless my symptoms suggest otherwise.  

Thanks!

Burning sensation in my stomach. I had a vivid dream about something w/ a lot of tomatoe paste. I had never heard of nightshades, so i read up on it. I supposed if I had ignored it (or remained desensitized to the signals as I was before w30) it could have progressed to something worse like joint pain. Glad I caught it early.

I have arthritis in the first joint of my right index finger.

So far, that is the only joint affected.

When I eat nightshades, potatoes especially, I experience shooting paints in the joint and the swelling gets noticeably worse.

I still eat red peppers and tomatoes in limited amounts, but I'm thinking that I would do well to eliminate nightshades altogether.

Won't be easy.

Thanks for sharing that article, Tom.

I'll give it a thorough read, maybe it will help provide some motivation.

Archived