Pain throughout body after reintroducing...

kimemp

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but here goes...

I finished my Whole30 on February 3rd.  I reintroduced dairy on the 4th and found that I can't tolerate it well.  I then reintroduced non-gluten grains on the 7th.  I started having increased problems with my blood sugar, but have found out recently I have reactive hypoglycemia.  I've gone down a bad road this past week... eating rice, corn tortillas, and even white bread without a second thought.  And I noticed something that used to happen to me all the time.  I started to get short-lived shooting pains in various places around my body, particularly my arms and legs, mostly my hands.  I also get very brief headaches of shooting pain.  This did not happen to me during the Whole30.

I have never been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, but these pains have increased again to the point that I am noticing them and growing concerned.  I should probably talk to my doctor about it, but I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience when reintroducing grains (gluten and non-gluten). 

I have pain when I eat gluten. I had a back injury and had major sciatic pain. During my healing process I gave up gluten. Now when I eat gluten I have major sciatic pain for weeks after. Non gluten grains can also react like gluten in the body so you may need to test each one. Also grains like wheat, rye and corn can harbor fungus and your body could be reacting to the fungus and not necessarily the gluten. It's great that you were able to make the connection. Check out The Paleo Mom website where she talks about cross re activity with gluten free grains. Good Luck!

Archived