Whole 30 Log-arama

jskhd

What a great place to store food notes/thoughts/pics! 

Day 1: 

B: 2 eggs fried in ghee//2 strips compliant bacon//blueberries//cherry tomatoes//black coffee 

L: boiled shrimp with lemon chesapeake tessemae dressing as dipping sauce//1 sliced smoked salmon (compliant, from WF)// half an ago sprinkled with lime juice, garlic salt, paprika//arugula with same dressing and cracked pepper

Snack: other half of the avo and a few olives from the WF olive bar

D: garlic paprika roasted chicken legs//roasted veg (asparagus/shishito peppers/broc/cherry tomatoes)

Thoughts--

-Bacon with no sugar is THE BOMB

-Lunch left me hungry very shortly after, probably should have added more protein

-As a habitual calorie counter in the past, it's really freeing to see a huge plate of real food and not have to worry about if that dressing or that avocado is going to put me over my "calorie limit". 

Day 1 (almost) down, and as the timeline suggests, I'm feeling great! I can smell the shishito peppers roasting in my oven and am so happy I started this journey! 

My fist meal of the days sets the tone for my day. If i don't eat enough, i feel like snacking all day long. If I may suggest, increase your veggie intake first thing in the morning as well as for lunch, and you probably can hold a third egg in your hand, so eat more proteins as well.

I so get what you mean how freeing it is not to count calories.

How freeing is it to be able to eat fats?

My fist meal of the days sets the tone for my day. If i don't eat enough, i feel like snacking all day long. If I may suggest, increase your veggie intake first thing in the morning as well as for lunch, and you probably can hold a third egg in your hand, so eat more proteins as well.

I so get what you mean how freeing it is not to count calories.

How freeing is it to be able to eat fats?

Thanks! I've gotten very autopilot with breakfast, because I was basically eating this same thing every morning anyway with just less compliant ingredients. I'm definitely going to look for recipes that have more veg for the morning. I love adding whatever I need to use up in frittatas over the weekend, so maybe some mini-portable veg frittatas are in my future. 

Day 2: 

Feeling-- :wacko:

B: 3 eggs fried in evoo//3 strips bacon//blueberries//black coffee

L: 2 garlic herb chicken sausage links//~10 boiled shrimp//whole foods guac and (raw) carrot chips//olive mix of olive bar and jarred green olives///pistachios

D: plan on carnitas/guac/salsa salad from chipotle because i'll be running to my sketch writing class and didn't think to bring an extra packed lunch for dinner. 

Thoughts: 

-This morning was rough. I started to feel really congested late last night and woke up with terrible allergies and a sore throat. Not sure if it's part of the "carb flu" or if it's for real, as one of the things I'm hoping to eliminate with the whole 30 is allergy symptoms. 

-I'm very used to eating a snack at 10 am and at 2-3 pm, and this morning I got hungry right at 10. I told myself I would wait until lunch at 11:30 though, and I was successful. Then at 2 I told myself I could have some fruit at 2:30 if I finished my 2nd 32 oz water bottle, and then I ended up having fruit and some more pistachios....I think snacking is going to be a hard habit for me to break since I'm so used to working in front of a computer for 8+ hours a day and have a pretty hectic schedule.

-On a positive note- I love love love love the ~compliant~ garlic herb chicken sausage from Trader Joe's I had today. I'm already dreaming of adding it to eggs tomorrow morning. 

Archived