Angry/Irritable on Day 15

JBow

Hi all,

I'm on Day 15 of my first Whole 30 and have been doing really well...up to today. I'm feeling sad, angry and maybe even a bit resentful, but no clue why! I'm enjoying the food I'm eating, but today don't feel like I have it in me to plan another meal. All I want to do today is sleep.

I took some mid-way photos and have noticed a difference, but it didn't give me the pick me up I had hoped.

Anyone else feel this way at the half way point?

I feel this way on most days.  ;)  At least, at some point.  My inner child does NOT like being told No on a regular basis.

I think that the more we need to change, the more we experience a hormonal/emotional roller coaster.  If you're wanting to sleep and you can (not at work or anything), than do!  Part of W30 is learning to listen to your body. So if crawling into bed for a nap sounds wonderful, do it.  If you just can't stand the thought of another compliant meal today, then choose something easy to eat, DON'T eat what you shouldn't, but make your meal simple and compliant.  Broil a steak, have a potato and some steamed broccoli...simple.

• Moderators

I looked back at my blog for my first Whole30, because I remember being really emotional at one point but couldn't remember when that hit, and lo and behold, it was day 15. My theory about it when it happened to me was that, as an emotional eater who suddenly couldn't eat sweets every time I felt a little sad or angry, I was actually having to deal with a lot of emotions I normally would use food to help me repress, and midway through my Whole30 is when it really caught up with me. I cried over little things and wanted to just curl up in bed and stay there, partly because I was tired, and partly because I just didn't want to deal with it anymore. I'm not sure if that applies to you or not, it's just what seemed to make sense for me. It looks like it lasted maybe a week, some days better than others, and then I seemed to get over it.

You might also read through the Whole30 timeline and see if any of it sounds like it might be what's going on.

Thank you so much for the support!! Reading your replies, I found myself saying YES! YES! EXACTLY! I guess I figured the tough part was over...

Shannon, that's exactly why I wanted to crawl into bed - I don't want to deal with how I'm feeling.

Cinagain - you're right. the inner struggle is killing me! I've never stuck to any program longer than a week so at the beginning, I remember thinking "get through the halfway point and you'll be home free". Part of me was feeling like I lied to myself.

Yeah, I can say that I don't really think there's any "coasting" in W30.  LOL  First week it's about getting past the cravings, 2nd week it's the "But I WANT to eat that stuff"...moving into the 3rd week it's "I'm so bored..." and in the finally week "Am I done yet?  It's so close!  Can it just get here already?"  LOL

Archived