Struggling on 2nd Whole30

Just wondering on what people do when the cravings hit hard??  This is my third whole30 but technically the 2nd as I allowed some modifications on the one this past fall for various reasons.  This one seems even harder than the first and I have 37 days to go!! (We are doing it through Lent which is what we (my family) did last year so we are on day 20 of 57.....(counting three days of test days).

So I guess I'm just seeking motivation and ideas on what YOU do when you are really hit with cravings?  I know I'll stick it through BECAUSE it's Lent- it's just not an option to me to give in but I am really struggling to not think about the foods(chocolate, desserts, etc.)that I WANT!!!

The other day, on a similar thread, there was a comment that really hit home for me.

Paraphrasing:

"It's not ME that has the craving; it's my Emotion."

Recognizing this, I can take steps toward starving the Emotion that's calling for _____ (chocolate, desserts, etc.)

I go fill up my water bottle.  Or I find some protein to eat.  Sometimes I just pout, whine, and act pitiful.  ;)  Really, I just do anything I can because I tell myself that it's NOT an option.  My worst compromise has been to have an apple with almond butter one night.

The thing is I'm feeling very well overall- it's much LESS emotional and upsetting as my first Whole30- so I really don't think emotions play into this time around....Though it's possible the last day or so MIGHT be pms....maybe?.   yes, proteins and fats is what I try to do....but I am one that is hungry A LOT.  I am still hungry even after sitting down to a large meal of lots of veggies, proteins and fats...I might feel full at the meal but am hungry within an hour of it.  And yes, I really do mean A LOT of veggies, protein AND fat!  ugh...

I try to up my fats at meals but I try to let my stubbornness shine and tough out a craving. I don't eat anything is I am craving something but instead try to find something to distract myself. I take an attitude of this craving isn't going to beat me. I do then try to make my other meals a bit larger making sure to have enough fat as I find it is harder to think of giving in when I am already feeling so full.

Archived