boneless skinless turkey breast

nana

Is this a turkey breast roast from the frozen foods department or meat department...in a tin foil package ready for the oven?  Preformed into a loaf formation?  These are usually 1/2 dark & 1/2 breast style preformed roasts.

0002265527487_180X180.jpg-acc29bb47d2216  Or did it come like this?

Ingredients: 

Contains Up to 20% of A Solution of Water, Contains 20% Or Less of Salt, Dextrose, Natural Flavor, Modified Food Starch, Sodium Phosphate to Enhance Tenderness And Juiciness. Gravy Packet: Water, Modified Corn Starch, Maltodextrin, Salt, Rice Flour, Cooked Turkey, Onion Powder, Caramel Color, Garlic Powder, Spices.

A comment:  (for the roast in photo above)

"I was very disappointed to find that after carefully cooking this so called turkey breast and slicing it, I discovered that there was almost as much dark meat rolled up inside it as there was white meat. I had already thrown the package away, so I don't know if this is noted or not, but it was certainly not apparent. If you like dark meat, I suppose it would be fine, but if so, why would you buy a breast."

Like a chicken breast, except that it's Turkey?

I'd maybe pan sear them then throw them in my crockpot/slow cooker with a can of chopped tomatoes (be sure they've no added sugar) & maybe a good squeeze of tomato paste, some chopped sweet potato, some chopped onion, garlic, ginger, chillies, and any combination of curry spices you like. ould also add more veg like leeks/mushrooms/peppers). Cook on low for 6hrs or so then add a huge helping of spinach which will wilt down fairly quickly with the heat. Stir the spinach through the curry and allow to cook for another 10mins or so & serve.

The sweet potatoes break down really well & combined with the spices & the tomatoes make a great curry sauce with a nice consistency.

I'm good at roasting turkeys.  :D   I use a browning bag, throw all of the vegetables on the bottom, throw in your sage and favorite spices, turkey on top: I slather some EVOO on turkey or clarified butter, more spices on top with some paprika for browning  - 350 degrees for the amount of weight (on the Browning Bag directions)...kick the oven door shut and fly me down the highway. Remember to poke 6 lil holes in the top of the bag, don't let it touch the top of the oven or it will burst.  If the bag is too big, chop some off after you've used the twisty tie. :lol:   Voila.  Stick a fork in it, it's done to perfection.

My sister is not as good of a cook as I am  :D, she let the bag burst, oil/juices ran out, caught the oven on fire and then she threw flour on it - burned everything up. Hubs uses the fire extinguisher on it. Her inlaws were there for Thanksgiving, she bawled and cried.  They had to go to some podunk restaurant for Thanksgiving.  No one was happy. :P  :D  Still makes me laugh and more confident of my cooking skills. 

Archived