Maux' Whole30 2015 (2nd try)

Maureen Boyle

Day 12.  Friday, May 8, 2015

Breakfast: Bowl of cauliflower soup, 2 eggs with half an avocado.  **no tea!**

Lunch: sauteed sweet potato with swiss chard and a very small amount of chorizo.

Dinner: big pile of sauteed napa cabbage with can of tuna

faux crio bru (no coconut milk this time) to console me for my lost mole sauce*

Exercise/Steps: 6300 at 7:45.  8,000 total? (Went to Monty's)

*I was making a mole sauce and didn't notice my chipotle peppers in adobo had soybean oil.  The mole is now in the freezer, awaiting soy reintro day on June 11. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 13.  Saturday, May 9.

Breakfast: Faux Crio Bru.  Cauliflower soup with a little mexican squash thrown in. Probably need more protein?  

Lunch: chicken breast with bunch of napa cabbage, half a carrot and half a g.s. apple

Dinner: two small baked potatoes with broccoli, sauerkraut and half a tin of anchovies (drained)

Exercise/Steps: 6,000?

Had a bit of a runny nose today (and yesterday?) and stomach gurgling noises before bed.

FWIW, I made Bill some pasta and non-compliant tuna, but I didn't eat any.

Day 14.  Sunday, May 10

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs w/breakfast hash*.  Small piece of chicken breast.  Could've easily kept eating.

Lunch: remainder of chicken breast, one apple, big scoop of sauerkraut

Dinner: slow cooker top round, mixed mashed potatoes (white and sweet) <-Mashed potatoes = no brakes!

Exercise/Steps: ~2000

*Calabaza squash (pumpkinish), calabacita squash (zucchinish), chopped brussels sprouts, half a granny smith apple

Day 15.  Monday, May 11

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled w/top round and breakfast hash.  Last of the mixed mashed potatoes.

Lunch: napa cabbage, spinach, calbaza, calabazita and top round sautee

Dinner: top round over cauliflower soup

Exercise/Steps: 2500 at 9pm

Day 2

Breakfast: fried eggs over zucchini/sweet potato latkes (I'm not crazy about these - I think I may have messed up the preparation.)

Revolution Sweet Ginger Peach Black Tea (Ceylon and Assam Teas, Ginger Root and Peach Flavor)

Lunch: leftovers of yesterday's lunch stir-fry

Mini-meal: pumpkin and cauliflower soup (w/chicken broth, coconut milk, and French Four & More spice blend)

Dinner: Chocolate Chili over a baked white potato.  [This was a lot of food, but I was going to bar trivia and I didn't want to be tempted!]

Exercise/Steps: about 8,000 steps.  I walked to work - about 1.5 miles.  Work involves standing for three hours and I didn't feel like walking all the way back.  Maybe next time.  

Health notes:

• After drinking the tea, I found myself clearing my throat.  I tend to have to clear my throat a lot and I'd always assumed it was a reaction to dairy.  This made me think it was about the tea.  Now, typing in the name of the tea, I see that it contains the word "sweet."  Can "peach flavor" include sweetener that they don't have to disclose?  I'd better look into this before I drink any more of it.
  • When I walked to work, my nose ran.  The temperature was in the high 30s, Fahrenheit.  I only mention it so that I can keep track in case it goes away.  

Like your attention to details for your reintro.   Your take-aways will be interesting, Maureen.  I imagine you... every bit as cute as your avatar.  beach.gif

Day 16.  Tuesday, May 12

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with spinach and half an avocado.

Crio Bru

Lunch: Breakfast hash with last of top round and half an avocado

Dinner: Two chicken drumsticks with roasted carrots and sautéed bok choy

Exercise/Steps: 3298 at 7:45 pm

Day 19, Friday May 15 2015

Breakfast: Frittata (Eggs, zucchini, onions, turkey, avocado)

Lunch: Cauliflower casserole, two chicken sausages, cole slaw

citrus green iced tea

Dinner: [Mi Ciudad] Steak, shrimp, a few carrots and broccoli, a bit of potato

Exercise/Steps: 12,000!!!

To whom it may concern, 

I haven't stopped doing Whole 30.  I just stopped logging my meals.  I would end up spending way too much time on the forums.  It's easier to just stay off the site, especially now that I have a full-time job.

I've been doing a big cook up on the weekend and bringing salads to work.  So far, it seems to be working.  I'll post about my reintroduction (booze Wednesday!), but not full menus.

Maureen

Archived