It's MONDAY, but still I'm here!

mgvsquared

Hey all. New member as I'm sure you can tell. Tried Whole 30 before, slipped, but I'm back again. If at first you don't succeed I guess!

I'm honestly not counting days as I truly believe what matters is when you start, not when you stop...because you should never stop! I don't want to count down. I want to do this for the rest of my life! Whole 365. I might reintroduce dairy after a few months and see what happens, but 2 or so weeks in, I feel amazing. Lost at least an inch in the waist, who knows how many lbs., but for me that's not what matters. We should all be proud of the change. Lbs lost and looser clothes is a bonus...an awesome one at that! Feeling amazing and being healthy is the goal.

I did slip a little at Zoe's Kitchen yesterday...the marinade for the steak skewers apparently has soy sauce.

UPDATE: It's official... Zoës Kitchen is now a Whole30 Approved® partner! You can see the full list of Whole30 Approved menu offerings here. Click here for a list of ZK locations near you.

Oops! Went to a burger place last week...had a salad, but the balsamic vinegar tasted sweet, maybe added sugar? I should have asked. Also had sweet potato fries because it was a losing battle. I had a craving and grilled zucchini just wasn't going to do it for me. Ugh! Otherwise I'll learn from those mistakes and move on. I think whats different and making a little easier this time is I'm incorporating potatoes. Not a lot as I am wanting to lose weight. But maybe once a week adding a potato into dish. Usually red, gold, or sweet. Not a huge russet fan.

I'm in New Orleans, so we have lots of good food thats hard to avoid, but if I can do it, anyone can!

• Administrators

Hey all. New member as I'm sure you can tell. Tried Whole 30 before, slipped, but I'm back again. If at first you don't succeed I guess!

I'm honestly not counting days as I truly believe what matters is when you start, not when you stop...because you should never stop! I don't want to count down. I want to do this for the rest of my life! Whole 365. I might reintroduce dairy after a few months and see what happens, but 2 or so weeks in, I feel amazing. Lost at least an inch in the waist, who knows how many lbs., but for me that's not what matters. We should all be proud of the change. Lbs lost and looser clothes is a bonus...an awesome one at that! Feeling amazing and being healthy is the goal.

I did slip a little at Zoe's Kitchen yesterday...the marinade for the steak skewers apparently has soy sauce. Oops! Went to a burger place last week...had a salad, but the balsamic vingar tasted sweet, maybe added sugar? I should have asked. Also had sweet potato fries because it was a losing battle. I had a craving and grilled zucchini just wasn't going to do it for me. Ugh! Otherwise I'll learn from those mistakes and move on. I think whats different and making a little easier this time is I'm incorporating potatoes. Not a lot as I am wanting to lose weight. But maybe once a week adding a potato into dish. Usually red, gold, or sweet. Not a huge russet fan.

I'm in New Orleans, so we have lots of good food thats hard to avoid, but if I can do it, anyone can!

Hi mgvsquared,

Yes, avoiding foods that we are craving and which are non compliant can be difficult.  But it's a pretty major part of the program.  Asking at restaurants is critical if you are going to eat out.  How did you find out about the steak skewers? Did you ask in advance and order it anyway? Or you asked afterwards? If after, what prompted you to do so? Ordering sweet potato fries outright is not a mistake or a slip, it's a conscious disregard of the rules.

Perhaps give yourself some quiet time and assess if this is something you really want to do.  Whole30 demands absolute commitment for the duration of the program, not just a sort of commitment as long as you're not having cravings.  ;)

You might also read our "Starting Over" article linked in my signature below and decide if perhaps a restart is in order for you.

Archived