Getting ready to start.....again.

Jon Ball

hello.  just joined.  I will be starting my Whole30 again in a couple of weeks.  I was on week 3 when I got quite sick and could only stomach jello.  NOT whole30.  I fell off of the wagon, got sick with more crud, so I've been nursing myself along.  In the meantime I am finishing It "Starts With Food". 

I don't really care how much weight I loose or how my physical appearance changes....though it would be nice to find my cheekbones again.  I have a couple of medical issues that I need resolved and am hoping that the WholeLife will do it.  It should. 

I am not a vegetarian.  I have been (years ago) on the Macrobiotic plan for a few years.  But I can no longer stomach brown rice.  The Whole30 seems to be quite similar but a lot more realistic. 

I will start a log when I begin my Whole30....again.  I am looking forward to the support of a forum.

If anyone here is a Pinterester (ie?), look me up.  I am Jon Ball with the same avatar. I am always looking to connect with others that have recipes of a Whole30 or Paleo nature.

• Moderators

Welcome back!

Macrobiotics is radically different from W30. Lots of soy and beans and whole grains and very little animal protein. I'm glad you're reading It Starts With Food!

Thanks for the support.  What i did like about Macrobiotics was that they really pushed eating locally grown food.  Their take was that by eating local, you were eating, seasonally, what your body needed.  I did find some great foods and combinations as a result, but it did not work for a long term life style.  I can see that the Whole30/life would work very well.  Getting the kids to go along will be another story.  My wife is the one that turned me on to it.  So I have a built-in partner. 

Archived