Day 1 and counting!

Sunshine5

Hi there,

This is day one for me and it hasn't been too bad except for the strong desire to put a piece of candy in my mouth.  I know this will get easier after about a week or so but this is the biggest reason why I am doing this.  I am a sugar addict and I need to break the habit.  I have been slowly gaining weight over the years and now I need to lose 20 to 25 pounds!  I have been Paleo-ish for about 4 years and all I mean by that is I don't eats grains except for once in a great while.  I have been eating dairy and sugar like crazy though and those are definantly not Paleo.  I will read up on what to eat but I think my biggest challange will be lunch as I have not been bringing my own for quite some time now.  Any suggestions for something easy to make and bring to work?  It is really hard to think of things without cheese :)

• Moderators

Many people find it helpful to do a weekly cookup -- check out this description from The Clothes Make The Girl. That way you have plenty of compliant protein, fat, and veggie choices, so you can easily pack up lunch to take with you. She also has some weekly meal plans that have shopping lists and instructions, here's Week 1, and there are links to the others at the bottom of that post.

There are tons and tons of recipes out there, you can make your meals as simple or as complicated as you want. Check out Whole30 Recipes on Facebook or Instagram if you're on either of those, or check PInterest (although not everything labeled Whole30 actually is, so always check the recipes). 

I'm on day 10, and here are some of the things I've taken for lunches to work:

Nom Nom Paleo's spicy tuna patties

Spiralized zucchini with tomatoes, onion, and olives with homemade vinaigrette

Hard boiled eggs

Various salads and soups

And buffalo ranch chicken stuffed peppers.

No bean hummus and veggies

Egg salad and tuna salad are on my list for the future.

I get most of my recipes off of Pinterest. You just have to look closely at the ingredients, but there's tons of ideas on there.

Good luck!

• Administrators

I'm on day 10, and here are some of the things I've taken for lunches to work:

Nom Nom Paleo's spicy tuna patties

Spiralized zucchini with tomatoes, onion, and olives with homemade vinaigrette

Hard boiled eggs

Various salads and soups

And buffalo ranch chicken stuffed peppers.

No bean hummus and veggies

Egg salad and tuna salad are on my list for the future.

I get most of my recipes off of Pinterest. You just have to look closely at the ingredients, but there's tons of ideas on there.

Good luck!

Hey Songbird, these look good, but make sure you are getting protein with every meal.  Check out our meal template, linked in my signature below.  

I am having a hard time naigating around here, I just now saw all of these resposes!  Thank you for all of thesuggestions, I actually made the tuna cakes and they are delish!!  The weekend is finally here and I plan to cook for the week.  I am finding the hardest thing so far is cheese.  I have never given that up before.  I also really miss just putting food in my mouth whenever I feel stressed or just feel like it.  28 days to go!  I hope I learn some good lasting habits after this is over.

Archived