Shannon's First Whole30 Log - Fighting for my life!

You're not a failure. You have an incredibly difficult job and it might take a little extra time to figure out how to manage the Whole30 while working in an ER, you know, saving people's lives. You're already back on track. 

Cashews or macadamia nuts are a better option than sunflower seeds. I think I'd try bringing some chicken breast cut into bite sized (maybe a big bite) pieces. It sounds like your mini-meals need more protein.

Take care. 

You might look into Rx Bars. They have more protein than Larabars. Most of the flavors are Whole30 approved but obviously not the peanut butter ones.

Can you eat raw baby carrots without dip? 

Hard boiled eggs are a good option as well as they have protein and fat.

Hang in there. It is hard to retrain our habits, but it is worth it.

Thank you for the suggestions! I will have to look for Rx bars on my next shopping trip and make some more hard boiled eggs!

You're not a failure. You have an incredibly difficult job and it might take a little extra time to figure out how to manage the Whole30 while working in an ER, you know, saving people's lives. You're already back on track. 

Cashews or macadamia nuts are a better option than sunflower seeds. I think I'd try bringing some chicken breast cut into bite sized (maybe a big bite) pieces. It sounds like your mini-meals need more protein.

Take care. 

Thank you! I don't currently have any of that and need to make more chicken. But before next work day I WILL have better emergency meals!

I've yet to find RxBars in the store. I ordered mine from Amazon. Bite sized chicken is a good option as well. If you can find whole food options that work that is always better than bars but for you having a bar in your bag just in case will probably help a lot.

Okay, time to give it another try.

Since Friday after breakfast I have been extremely sick with a stomach bug and virus. Body aches, headaches, diarrhea, vomiting the whole works. I thought I was better yesterday evening but this AM I woke up to my stomach still feeling icky. Sadly it's back to work for me today. But, anything I eat, I plan on it being compliant. So, Day one today!

Archived