Day 25 and not eating

Hey guys. I'm on Day 25. No slip ups. No SWYPO food. I had a few cravings yesterday, but I called it extinction burst and ignored them all.

My problem is I'm not hungry and not really eating enough. I don't want any food until I've been awake for hours and hours. And then I'll eat at like 2-4pm (if I woke up at 10-11am) and then again at 5pm or 6pm and a much smaller second serving of dinner at like 10 or 11 at night if I'm hungry. So it is 3 meals, but they're often small and way off a normal schedule.

Sunday

I woke up at noon because my fam was sick, and made a huge Easter dinner for myself, then ate that at 6pm.

stuffed mushrooms with crab, grassfed steak, green beans, sweet potato

1 banana fried in coconut oil with coconut cream on top (too rich, barely ate it.)

coffee with coconut milk. (I was bad and drank this late and paid for it by staying up late)

half bottle kombucha

I don't know if I ate more that night... 

Monday

The rest of the crab stuffed mushrooms for breakfast. They made my mouth swell a little, so now I'm nervous I'll be one of those adults who develops a shellfish allergy. I'm  allergic to tons of healthy foods! Lots of raw veg and fruit make my mouth swell or give me hives.

Can of tuna with mayo, chives, pickles, lemon juice. Couldn't make myself eat raw salad or tomatoes.

(2 eggs) Egg salad with mayo .. I tried to force down sweet potatoes and managed two bites

Today

Coffee with coconut milk.

Thinking of making lettuce wraps with egg salad and tomatoes. That's probably what I'll have...  I also have leftover steak from Sunday but the thought of eating it turns me off. Maybe I can force myself to eat the steak and leave the hard boiled eggs for later... 

I have a pork butt in the crock pot, so I'm hoping it reignites my interest in eating... and I'm hoping my CSA bag shows up soon.

I've noticed I don't like how my stomach feels when I eat lettuce and raw tomato, but I keep making myself eat them because I can't stand the thought of broccoli or green beans with breakfast or lunch, and that's pretty much the only other veg I have. I have chicken sausage in the fridge, but I get grossed out thinking of eating it. What the heck is going on?

i sooooo understand what you are going through.  i am on day 29 and have felt like you do for about 2 weeks. don't know if it is taste buds off or what but i eat very small meals and do the best i can.  i feel good about what i am feeding my body so i will just go from here.  re-intro will be butter and cream on day 1. and then i think i am suppose to eat whole 30 for 2 days following then introduce something else.  do i continue to introduce for the one day only? and i was wondering how to introduce the different types of dairy( butter, cream, cheese, yogurt ) can i combine some of these?

I feel better, too. I think I'm tired, though, from not getting enough calories. But overall I like how I feel. And even yesterday... I was annoyed at myself for not getting enough vegetables, but then I looked at what I actually ate and it wasn't like my days where I "eat bad" and end up consuming pizza and junk cereal with no vegetables. 

I want to do a whole100+ until I reach an average weight, and then I'll do a reintroduction. So I hope I can fix this appetite thing! :)

Also, my CSA bag just arrived and I split an apple with almond butter with my daughter to try to wake up my stomach. I think I might want a steak salad with balsamic.. ooh and maybe with my basil bruschetta which is tomatoes, basil, olive oil, and balsamic. That might be good over steak and lettuce.. I used to only eat it with garlic toast. My husband brought home this non-organic head of romaine that just looked so unappetizing... but my CSA bag had some very green organic fresh lettuce in it that looks better to me. Also some cucumbers (I'm allergic but I can have a little if I cook them).. some red potatoes. I wonder if this is just food boredom or a consequence of eating too few carbs for the last few days.

Hate to say it, because I know how much I love my coffee, but I'd start with cutting that out completely until your appetite returns to a more normal pattern, coffee is a major appetite suppressant. I know eating within an hour of waking is a rule of the program because they believe it helps our hormones normalize.  I've read that the lack of appetite in the morning can be an indication of cortisol being out of whack.  It is supposed to be higher when we wake, and then taper as the day goes on in preparation for sleep.  Have you been under heavy stress lately?  Is your low appetite in the morning a new thing?  You mention on your log needing to wait an hour to eat post thyroid medicine.   Could your medicines need to be adjusted?  I've heard that happens during a W30, the body changes and the doctors sometimes need to make adjustments to prescriptions.  

Hate to say it, because I know how much I love my coffee, but I'd start with cutting that out completely until your appetite returns to a more normal pattern, coffee is a major appetite suppressant. I know eating within an hour of waking is a rule of the program because they believe it helps our hormones normalize.  I've read that the lack of appetite in the morning can be an indication of cortisol being out of whack.  It is supposed to be higher when we wake, and then taper as the day goes on in preparation for sleep.  Have you been under heavy stress lately?  Is your low appetite in the morning a new thing?  You mention on your log needing to wait an hour to eat post thyroid medicine.   Could your medicines need to be adjusted?  I've heard that happens during a W30, the body changes and the doctors sometimes need to make adjustments to prescriptions.  

I've never wanted breakfast for this entire thing. And a lot of days I'm falling asleep at midnight to 3am and then waking up 10am-noon. I'm trying to get back on a better schedule, but have so far failed to do so.

But yesterday I wrote a schedule on my whiteboard to cut coffee... slowly adding decaf for the next few weeks until I'm at 100% decaf and can quit. I can't lose writing days to the migraines I'll get if I quit cold turkey. But I would like to see how I feel off coffee. Not sure I'll want to stay off it forever... the few times I quit, I didn't feel any different, and I ended up drinking black tea after awhile. Then going back to coffee. 

The endocrinologist said to come back if I lose 20lbs and they might need to change my dosage. (Another reason to weigh ! - as per my other thread lol) 

I've never wanted breakfast for this entire thing. And a lot of days I'm falling asleep at midnight to 3am and then waking up 10am-noon. I'm trying to get back on a better schedule, but have so far failed to do so.

But yesterday I wrote a schedule on my whiteboard to cut coffee... slowly adding decaf for the next few weeks until I'm at 100% decaf and can quit. I can't lose writing days to the migraines I'll get if I quit cold turkey. But I would like to see how I feel off coffee. Not sure I'll want to stay off it forever... the few times I quit, I didn't feel any different, and I ended up drinking black tea after awhile. Then going back to coffee. 

The endocrinologist said to come back if I lose 20lbs and they might need to change my dosage. (Another reason to weigh ! - as per my other thread lol)

Cut the coconut milk from your coffee and you won't need to go down the decaf route. It's a habit, not a need, and you're feeding the habit with the coconut milk IMHO.

Switch to compliant green tea, or bone broth. Both will be better for you.

I think getting yourself on a reasonable sleep cycle will be key for your health. We are designed to sleep when it's dark and wake in the light. We prevent our melatonin production with artificial light, supplement our fatigue with caffeine and suffer the consequences. True there are a few natural night owls but what you're describing sounds more like hormonal disruption. You're certainly not alone, it is truly a modern phenomenon. You could try adding some sleep support, like melatonin or magnesium to see if it could help. After talking to your doctor of course. I know my mother in law is on meds, her thyroid was removed, so anytime we talk supplements I remind her to check with her doc and her naturopath. Google the sleep manifesto on the w30 site, it's good stuff

Archived