Starting April 20th with my hubby (Bham, AL)

mbward86

I always over research and I have a crazy work schedule, but we've been trying to prepare for this for about two weeks. Working on meal planning and prep tomorrow. Worried about the fact I work nights (7p-7a) and how it may affect my progress. But I'm excited to get started. I feel like there is an overwhelming amount of information out there on this. I guess it's better to have to much than not enough. Anyone else starting on the 20th? Anyone in my area?

I'll be restarting 4/20. Also work nights, though from TX. I think it'l be easier at work, seeing as I pack a lot of good extras. At home my roommate isn't doing whole30 so it'll be harder because there'll be so many "bad" foods around :o 

• Administrators

Worried about the fact I work nights (7p-7a) and how it may affect my progress. 

Check out this article surrounding night shift.  Not exactly "Whole30" but she is a friend of the program and there is a LOT of good info in it.

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/55156756199/surviving-the-night-shift

• Moderators

I always over research and I have a crazy work schedule, but we've been trying to prepare for this for about two weeks. Working on meal planning and prep tomorrow. Worried about the fact I work nights (7p-7a) and how it may affect my progress. But I'm excited to get started. I feel like there is an overwhelming amount of information out there on this. I guess it's better to have to much than not enough. Anyone else starting on the 20th? Anyone in my area?

I'm not in your area but I started today also. (this will be my 5th full whole 30).

Three cheers to feeling awesome!

Started today. I think this one is going to be tough because of my eating habits over the last several months. I have been a fan of Paleo for a while and found its easier to make large amounts of components of meals instead of whole meals. For example, grill a bunch of meat, steam or roast veggies, cut up raw veggies, and have a few things you can eat right away in emergency. I always fail when it takes to long to get a meal ready. Keep it as simple as possible.

Archived