I did it but there more I need to accomplish.

Stingray

I did the W30 successfully but unfortunately I didn't do the re-introduction because I got really sick. But I became very aware of food and what it did to my body. Also, I lost 12 pounds which I know was not the main goal but it was sweet.

Once things settle down at work, I am ready to try again. I really think this book did change my life-it made me aware of food and my taste buds became alive thanks to W30.

I will start again and because I did it once already , I believe the second time it will be easier. And this time, I want to complete the re-introduction(hopefully I will not get sick. )

I am presently doing a modified W30 -I am drinking my daily glass of wine but otherwise I am staying away from grains (most of the time) and staying mostly away from sugar, legumes and dairy-saved creamer.

• Moderators

Congratulations on completing 30 days of compliant eating and losing weight. 

Important note: There is no such thing as a modified Whole30. You either do a Whole30 or you are doing your own program. Your program includes a glass of wine and occasional grains. Good for you. Claim it as your own creation because that is what it is. 

Tom is right. One more thing: I really really hope your own program isn't just a 30 day program. They way you describe eating is the thing to do for the rest of your life. This is when you get to the good stuff: how you eat the majority of the time is what matters for life-long health and well-being, don't cheat yourself by stopping.

If your goal is to do a meaningful reintroduction, then do the real/complete/unmodified whole30 one more time. That's the only way that will work. After you complete it you can move on to your "modified" plan.

Archived