Restarting tomorrow, 25th April

Aerwyna

I was on day 17 yesterday when I gave in to cheese.  It had been coming for a couple of days, somehow my timing and mojo were off.

The book was waiting for me when I got home.  I have recommitted and am starting again tomorrow.

I see a lot of people are starting on Monday, but if anyone is feeling brave, come on over :)

I completed one successful W30 ending July 7th last year, since then I have had two serious attempts at a second programme and each has failed, finally, on day 17. 

This time, I am going to complete #2.

I had to go to the store anyway, and all the cheese was in the end fridge all on special offer, and I fell for it!

kirkor - just had that feeling that I was going to give in to something ... motivation was waning, I think I had reached the "I'm so over this" phase.  I'm pretty primal compliant so trying a whole 30 always gets me grumpy about giving up cheese and the odd square of dark chocolate.  But the whole reason for doing this was to bust a long plateau.  So, anyway, I am back and committed.

April 25th is my wedding anniversary so I am starting April 26th!! Hubs and I completed a Whole30 in October (gave in like 2 days early, boo) and I didn't really see any results (not drop in weight, but I didn't feel any better). This time we are going for a Whole90 to see if I feel better long term. 

Aerwyna, maybe if you plan ahead and make sure you don't need to go to the store around day 17, it might help? I know when we did the Whole30 before I tried to avoid the store at all costs when I was feeling mentally and emotionally weak - I ate whatever was in the house and if there wasn't really anything (which was very rare as there always tends to be SOMETHING) I just drank lots of water and "snacked" on what was in the house (even if it was just some cooked chicken or a raw pepper. Wasn't sure if that might help you at all!

Best of luck this time around and jump on the forum on Day 17 this time and seek support from others who are in it too :-)

Thanks "FId", yes, I'll definitely be very wary of day 17.

I think the biggest danger/trigger for me is in mindset, once I edge towards being "over it" in my mind then I tend to lose focus.  

I probably need to create myself a little mantra to read each morning to remind myself of my commitment, its once I become comfortable that the little doubts creep in.  Also, I have the benefit of a successfully completed whole 30 so there is less motivation to do it now because I have already proved that I can.

However, I do want to take my health to the next level, which is all about more and better compliance.  As well as improving the variety of things that I eat and the meals / combinations that I consider go-to staples and that pop into my head.

Its a whole new adventure :)

Archived