if only it were just food

jodifreed

I'm so incredibly frustrated. I am having THE worst psoriasis breakout; I genuinely look like a 29 year old who has chicken pox! I think the worst part is that, as much as eating clean helps, food is not my only trigger. Its allergies, stress, and millions of other things. I wish I had a magic button to make it disappear. It's sad too, because so many people have much worse problems, And I shouldn't be so down about it. I'm on day 18 and this time around I've seen no improvement....I feel like it's getting worse. The aip version of paleo/whole 30 doesn't do much for me either as eggs and nuts aren't a trigger for me and I don't eat nightshades. I smell amazing right now too, like a holistic store, as I'm slathered in teatree oil and jojoba oil looking for some miracle to clear up this beautiful breakout! I realize that it may take months for my skin to improve but like most humans I'm impatient :) I just needed to vent to the world....my husband is gorgeous and has perfect skin and can't understand.

Skin issues normally get worse before they get better mine certainly did; I hope your does too! One thing though are you really sure eggs and other food banned on the AIP don't trigger your psoriasis? I really thought eggs didn't have any impact on my eczema but allergy testing showed them up as an allergen for me along with a couple of other foods since I cut them out completely again my skin has cleared up. I barely even itch any more which feels like a miracle. 

My skin gets way worse for a few weeks before it suddenly starts improving too. Are you taking any caffeine? That, and certain over-the-counter medications seem to also be triggers for me, beyond food. I agree, stress is a big factor too. But, if has improved doing a Whole30 before, then keep the faith. It just may take longer this time around. My Whole30s have all been different, maybe yours are too!

I'm honestly not sure what is triggering it this time but it's awful ! it may just be a situation where it's getting worse before it magically disappears but I definitely wish it would just leave :) I have never experienced a 100% full psoriasis remission, it always lingers. I know I just need to be patient but patience is not my strong suit. Thanks for all the encouragement!!

Archived