Jen's 3rd W30

pjena

Yoga was awesome Mon and Tues night.  Making up for the sad yoga weekend.  I'm trying to get in as many this week as I can because I didn't get many last week due to sick 10yo and canceled classes and I won't get many next week due to them being closed Monday and badly timed soccer games and a wknd tournament.  Soccer really should plan around my yoga schedule! :P

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Yay for awesome yoga classes. I miss them terribly. Holiday weekends and travel really do mess with our workout schedules, don't they? I don't know what I'd do if I had the added annoyance of other people's schedules to contend with!

I think I'm getting bored with this.  It's not making any difference.  Just not sure what else to do.  Sigh. 

Day26 (5/21)

M1 - eggs n kale, raspberries, swpot w/ cb, coffee w/ cm

M2 - salad/veg, tuna, avocado

M3 - chicken salad w/ veg & mayo

W/O - plank, walk

Jen, your comment about your weight not changing is reinforcing for me why I haven't done another Whole 30.  At least for me, and I think for you, we know what foods are bad for us (e.g. sugar) and we know where our intolerances lie (for me that is dairy and gluten).  We eat Whole 30 most of the time (I think you are better at this than I am, I eat too much white rice!).  So maybe if you are looking for something to make a difference a Whole 30 isn't the answer.  I don't think I have the answer, but I think other tweaks in our diet/exercise are what we both need.

mcjule - you're right.  W30 isn't the answer.  I don't know what is, either.  The fact that this isn't hard and isn't a big deal and makes no difference shows that it's not really a change from normal.  So, I skip the occasional treat and don't have yogurt or jam (the only two non W30 things in my normal diet).  That, apparently, isn't my issue.  Something in my normal W30 diet must be the issue.  Or, my 40yr old body just wants to be here. 

Sara - figure it out and let me know. :rolleyes:

I rebelled against myself and dipped things in AB last night.  That does not help matters!  Moving on.

This is the last not too busy weekend for a long time, so I intend to soak it up.  We have a grad party and a bbq to go to, but both should be fine for me.  I just won't eat at the grad party (it's not at a meal time anyway) and the bbq friends are used to my weird eating habits. ;) At this point, I'm just finishing to finish because I'm stubborn.  And there's no reason to eat differently.  I am looking forward to the occasional yogurt for breakfast, though.

Day27 (5/22)

M1 - eggs n kale, raspberries, coffee w/ cm

M2 - salad/veg, chicken salad

M3 - salsa pork, salad/veg, guac

W/O - plank, walk, hot yoga

Yesterday, I ended up staying home to take 10yo to the dr.  He came home Thurs complaining of a sore ear and woke up Fri with an oozing ear.  Poor kid.  He has a double ear infection and possible strep.  After a day on meds, he's feeling much better.  I on the other hand, am now down with a fever.  I felt a little off before yoga, but thought maybe it was the leftover chicken salad.  Then, during yoga, I faded fast and by the time I came home I was freezing and running a temp.  I'm laying low while the family goes to the grad party.  I snacked my way through a sort of dinner, but it worked for me.  Hopefully, it's just a quick bug and not what my son has!  At least I'm not uncomfortably trying to make small talk with strangers while being tempted by cake.  That's the bright side. :rolleyes:

Day28 (5/23)

M1 - eggs n kale, coffee w/ cm

M2 - salad/veg, chicken salad

M3 - bone broth, fish, carrots, AB

W/O - plank, hot yoga

I ended up finally going to urgent care today and have strep.  Ugh.  What a way to spend the holiday weekend.  Being sick actually helped lessen any temptations to go off W30 early.  It's all I can do do choke down some food each meal. 

W30 is done.  I'm on antibiotics now so will start eating yogurt tomorrow to get some probiotics.  Good time to do a dairy reintro anyway just to remind myself if it does anything.

Fingers crossed that the last 2 members of the family don't get it next.

Day29 (5/24)

M1 - banana, AB, coffee w/ cm

M2 - scotch egg

M3 - braut, broc salad, guac

Day30 (5/25)

M1 - raspberries, AB, coffee w/ cm

M2 - broth, turkey sausage

M3 - pork, broc salad

Started my second W30 today; first was Jan 5. Kicked sugar, amazing for me. But, Like you, the snacks were creeping back in, all "W30" but too many! Bites of paleo granola, dried fruit, nuts, seeds...so here again!

Archived