Jen's 3rd W30

pjena

Day14 (5/9)

M1 - eggs n kale, strawberries, coffee w/ cm

M2 - salad/veg, avocado, tuna

M3 - chicken/veg w/ coconut milk thai curry sauce

post yoga snack - banana

W/O - hot yoga, plank 4min

Every month we have to talk ourselves down.  So silly. 

Booch is great!  I've been meaning to tell you that cherry ginger elderberry is awesome!  So good!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Monday and Happy belated Mother's Day.  We had a nice weekend.  Saturday was absolutely beautiful weather!  We all got a bit too much sun at the soccer games.  I tried chasing 13yo around with a sunscreen stick, but apparently that is way too embarrassing. :P   I need to make him do that before we leave the house.  They didn't win any games, but they're playing up a level from last year, so we knew it would be challenging.  They still had fun.  Sunday, I hosted 16 people for Mother's Day.  I enlisted my step-dad's help to get 13 yo to his game so that my mom and I could get things ready.  It went very well.  Everyone had fun and complimented the food.  I didn't eat anything I wouldn't want to eat. :)

Day15 (5/10)

M1 - eggs n kale, strawberries, coffee w/ cm

M2 - ham, salad, green beans

M3 - ham, salad

W/O - plank 4min

Day16 (5/11)

M1 - eggs n kale, blackberries, swpot w/ cb, coffee w/ cm

M2 - salad/veg, tuna, avocado

M3 - burger, salad/veg, swpot w/ cb

W/O - hot yoga, plank 4min15sec, walk

• Moderators

Man, you guys and your planks! I do plenty of planks every day in barre--sometimes twice a day when I do bootcamp, too. But I don't know how long I can go. Does it matter? I don't know. But you're making me curious to time myself.

You're right, M.  I was just telling why I am doing it - a method to work on core.  I can definitely feel it in my shoulders and upper arms, too, though.  I try to do it in front of my closet mirror so I can make sure I'm holding decent form.

No yoga yesterday.  10yo came home early from school with something that's either an ear infection or sore throat or something.  He says it hurts to swallow, but I think it's actually more ear than throat.  Anyway, husband and 13 yo had scouts, so I stayed home to make sure he could get to bed early.  I'm sending him to school today, hoping it's better. 

Day17 (5/12)

M1 - eggs n kale, blackberries, swpot w/ cb, coffee w/ cm

M3 - ham, salad/veg, strawberries

W/O - walk, plank, hot yoga

Love it, Jen! You keep me on my toes with the planking. Dynamic planks are the best(and the worst) but get your shoulders stronger big time. You go palms to elbows and back all the time. 

I admire your commitment to 3 meals a day, good job. 

No walk yesterday (I went shopping instead :P )

No hot yoga yesterday (10yo still sick and husband had a mtg so I stayed home)

No plank yesterday (decided to just be lazy)

But, planning on getting back into it today.  I am WAH today due to sick son who was sent home early yesterday with a fever but is now fever free and WIDE awake and definitely doesn't need to stay home.  But, rules are rules.  Sigh.  It's going to be a long day.  He has so much energy already!

Day18 (5/13)

M1 - eggs n kale, raspberries, coffee w/ cm

M3 - chicken, mayo, salad/veg, swpot w/ cb

W/O - plank 4min+, hot yoga

Yesterday turned out ok.  10yo had plenty of homework to keep him busy and was able to get outside.  I had him plant my tomatoes and peppers. :)

I did my plank but realized near the end that the ap was hitching, so the 4min was probably longer.  I'll have to keep an eye on it today. 

It's raining today.  I hope it clears up enough to get my lunchtime walk.

Day19 (5/14)

M1 - eggs n kale, raspberries, swpot w/ cb, coffee w/ cm

M3 - salmon, mayo, salad/veg

W/O - plank 4min15sec, walk

Happy Friday!

I didn't get a walk in yesterday.  It rained all day long.  Sad.  And at night, I did grocery shopping. 

The weekend should be fairly easy.  Running kids around, errands, chores.  not much yoga.  They canceled my fav classes.  I'm really mad about that. They actually canceled one of them for the whole summer!  I get that not many people go to the Friday night class in the summer, but those of us who do are regulars who pay the (very high!) monthly fee to go all year.  Grrr!  I'll still get 2 yogas in but they'll be with teachers I've never taken before so I'm not too optimistic.  I may do the Brian DVD on Saturday and throw in a few inversions at the end. :)

We're eating out twice on Sunday.  I will do my best but will not grill the wait staff.  I've done this long enough to not worry if something sneaky gets into my meal and plan to just continue on afterwards.  Both are family events that I don't want to skip for the sake of my picky diet.  I can get what sounds W30 just fine.  Just won't worry about oils, etc.

Day20 (5/15)

M3 - chicken salad w/ veg, avocado, lime

W/O - plank4min, walk, hot yoga

Hope you had a great weekend.  Your eating plan for Sunday sounds good, hope it worked out.

That is really frustrating about yoga.  I hope you like at least one of the new instructors.  So did you have a date with my BF Brian?  Ha!  :P

The weekend was great!  It was super busy, though.  One thing to another all weekend long.  But, it was all fun stuff.  Saturday morning, I took 10yo to a kids race.  It ended earlier than expected so we spontaneously went to the zoo!  Then to a birthday party.  Then to a playdate and then to church and then home with a Redbox.  He ate it up!  Husband and 13yo were camping in the rain.  Poor guys!  They seemed to still have fun, though.  Sunday was all about unpacking wet camping gear, laundry, errands, 2 meals out with family, soccer practice, homework, getting ready for the week.  Phew!

Food was ok.  I made a yummy chicken salad for one Friday night.  I had a banana w/ AB 3x this weekend!  Not good.  It was my consolation prize while everyone else was eating ice cream and cookies and cake.  But, still.  I'm going to knock that off right now.  I did ok at the meals out, I think.  Breakfast was at Perkins.  I got an egg veg scramble with avocado on the side.  Dinner was at an Asian place.  I got grilled tuna and veg.  As calm eating is my goal more than perfection, I'm not worrying about anything that might have made its way into my meal.

Yoga wasn't great.  The subs Friday and Sunday were very slow and even though I kind of did my own thing during parts, I didn't feel like I got the workout I usually do during those classes.  I did the dvd Saturday while 10yo was at the birthday party. (yes, Sara, Brian!)  The dvd and subs were  better than nothing and fit into a super busy weekend, so it's all good. 

Day21 (5/16)

M1 - eggs n kale, raspberries, coffee w/ cm

M2 - chicken salad w/ veg, avocado, lime

M3 - sw pot, chicken saus, mayo, veg

post yoga - banana/AB

W/O - plank4min, yoga dvd

Day22 (5/17)

M1 - out - eggs, veg, avocado

M2 - out - tuna, veg

M3 - post yoga banana/AB

W/O - hot yoga

Day23 (5/18)

M3 - eggs n kale, strawbs

W/O - plank 4min30sec, walk, hot yoga

A successful, yikes - busy, weekend.  Glad you were able to make food choices you were comfortable with.  I'm sorry to hear you weren't happy with the instructors.  I hope that doesn't continue over the summer!  At least you had Brian to fall back on...

Great yoga class yesterday.  Almost made up for the less than great weekend. 

It's cold here!  It was 33 this morning.  Brrrrr! 

Day24 (5/19)

M3 - ham veg potato soup, salad, strawbs

W/O - plank4min, walk, hot yoga

Yeah, humming along, but no changes.  Weight is still up at the higher end of where it has been.  Everything else is still the same.  W30 is pretty close to how I eat normally, so it doesn't seem to make a difference.  Sigh.  There be nothing to do about it but keep on keepin' on and just accept that maybe my body wants to be here.  I'm not really sure what else to try that I'm willing to do.  I'm not willing to starve or count anything or up my exercise or obsess.  I like eating my normal food and getting exercise through yoga and walks.  A few lbs would make me feel better in my body and make my clothes fit just a bit nicer, but it's not worth obsessing over, I guess, so I just have to accept it.  It's just frustrating.  Just like counting calories worked at one point and then didn't, maybe my body has gotten used to this way of eating and doesn't respond anymore?  I never lost a ton of weight on strict W30, but usually lost a few lbs to get half way to that elusive goal weight.  And that was with eating dates and almond butter all the time.  Now, I'm not even doing that and no change.  Grrrr.  Anyway, moving on.  Calm is the goal. 

Day25 (5/20)

M3 - salsa pork roast, guac, salad/veg

W/O - plank3min, walk, hot yoga

Sorry you aren't seeing the results you would like.  I'm in the same boat with you.  Not exactly happy with where I am, not exactly sure I'm willing to change things enough to get me there.  And if I got there, would I be happy?

Hope the yoga is good again!

Archived