Day 30 - I made it !!!

annd

I am over the moon, today is my day 30 and I can honestly say I will be continuing, forever!! 

I haven't felt hungry, I am satisfied with far less food than I ever have been and I am so calm I don't even recognise myself.  I am not even thinking of doing a re-introduction phase yet, I am still going strong, not bored with my food and I was starting to think about what I would like to reintroduce first food wise and the answer was nothing?  I don't miss dairy or sugar, I am really happy having simple, tasty and healthy food! 

I am sleeping really well and that was a huge problem for me prior to starting my whole 30, my skin is glowing, nails are amazing, no digestion problems, and previous sinus problems have amazingly disappeared after 20 years.   

I have gone from no exercise and lots of pain in my joints to swimming three times a week and squats, lunges, push-ups (I can do full push-ups for the first time ever - I managed 11 today before resorting to my knees!). 

I was previously tired all the time, now I have so much energy I am leaping out of bed in the morning with a smile on my face.    

Weight, I didn't weigh myself despite being previously addicted to the scales, in fact they ruled/ruined my days.  I got on this afternoon at work and weighed myself, mainly because I needed an answer to all those people who are desperate to know how much I have lost, the answer is 15lb.  I knew I had lost 2 clothes sizes, I was absolutely shocked to see that equated to a stone in weight!  The scales are going in the charity shop tomorrow.

Thank you, thank you and if anyone else is thinking about giving it a go just do it!

15 pounds-that is amazing!  I am on day two but I am looking forward (and kind of a little nervous) about not weighing for a whole month!  Great job staying through to the end and it is especially encouring to hear you are going to keep going! 

GJR thank you, but don't be nervous about not weighing, you will feel the difference and know it is working, for me in just 5 days I felt fantastic. The surprise at the end was worth the wait !! but more importantly I was a slave to those scales and I have never felt so free. Breaking that habit of getting up and getting on them is a relief. The charity van will arrive this morning at some point and the scales and all my low fat recipe books are already outside for collection.

Good luck on your whole 30.

• 2 weeks later...

It certainly is worth it Meg311  - I really did feel great after just 5 days, and I hope you do too.  It gets easier and easier, I still haven't introduced anything else yet, actually that's a lie I had a glass of red wine, but I just don't miss anything yet and I am too excited by the continuing benefits to stop.  Good luck on your journey, like you I read a lot of posts that inspired me, but I think you will find that you inspire yourself really soon.

Archived