What's for breakfast - Help

lcs75

Breakfast today was sweet potato hash and lunch was 3 oz organic grass fed hamburger with slice of tomato, spinach leaves, 1/2 avocado on top of a portabello mushroom with sweet potatoes and 1/2 c grapes. I was starving within two hours. I ate a Larabar (chocolate coconut chew) and downed mineral water, green tea, and 1/2 gal of water to keep me full until dinner. This afternoon has been hard. I'm coming from a mindset of "body building" with high protein, carbs, healthy fat, grains, etc.....and weighing, measuring, and counting every kcal consumed. I realized I eat way too much added/sneaky sugar as my weight (currently 140 lbs, 5'5") is stalled, I believe due to the Sugar Dragon, internal inflammation, and sluggish metabolism.

• Moderators

Breakfast today was sweet potato hash and lunch was 3 oz organic grass fed hamburger with slice of tomato, spinach leaves, 1/2 avocado on top of a portabello mushroom with sweet potatoes and 1/2 c grapes. I was starving within two hours. I ate a Larabar (chocolate coconut chew) and downed mineral water, green tea, and 1/2 gal of water to keep me full until dinner. This afternoon has been hard. I'm coming from a mindset of "body building" with high protein, carbs, healthy fat, grains, etc.....and weighing, measuring, and counting every kcal consumed. I realized I eat way too much added/sneaky sugar as my weight (currently 140 lbs, 5'5") is stalled, I believe due to the Sugar Dragon, internal inflammation, and sluggish metabolism.

I know you probably know this, but just a reminder -- Larabars are for emergencies only, where an emergency is something like you were stuck in traffic because of a massive wreck, or you had to rush out the door unexpectedly because a family member had an accident and you had to get to the hospital.

If you possibly can, for your in case of emergency food, try keeping cans or pouches of tuna, salmon, sardines, or chicken, or a jar of olives, or if you're in an office situation where you can keep a small amount of food in a freezer, frozen leftovers that you could reheat. If you know you have a sugar dragon, Larabars are especially bad -- they're as close to a candy bar as you can get on a Whole30.

I know it's hard to give up the tracking and weighing and measuring, but just give it a chance. I know it seems paradoxical that if you want to lose weight, you need to eat more -- but it will work. Your goal is to nourish your body and give it all the good, healthy stuff it needs to function at its very best, and then a healthy weight will follow.

Thank you Shannon M816 for that reminder. I stood up and was so lightheaded that I grabbed the Larabar as it was quick and I knew I could eat it without having to prepare, open, heat, etc. It was a total, "OMG, I'm going to pass out" moment. I have a fridge stocked with prepared chicken, perfect pattie, chicken meatballs, veggies, etc..... Tomorrow I'm going to add the appropriate amount of protein and fat to my breakfast. I'm still in the mindset of oz's and eating 5-6 small meals a day and eating 1-2 palm size amounts of protein at each meal is something I'm learning to do as my previous meals were 2-3 oz's at each meal. It's a learning process.

Archived