Starting 1st June 2015

StacyB

Hi,

I'm Stacy and I've decided to commit to the Whole30 throughout June.  I've read 'It Starts With Food' and been inspired to change my diet in an attempt to rid myself of acne, allergies and to have more energy when participating in my daily exercise regime.

From now until 1st June, I am eating up all of the bad food in my house and taking time to design a comprehensive meal plan to give myself the best chance of making it through the Whole30!

I live with my dad and my sister, both of whom are big foodies and are not participating in the Whole30, so I will probably need some support from these forums!

Thanks,

Stacy

• Administrators

The Whole30 is the "foodiest" way to eat as far as I'm concerned.  With all the fresh vegetables, the huge selection of protein and all the good fats, never mind the plethora of spices and sauces you can make, it's a foodies dream come true!  Maybe you should show them the Whole30recipes instagram account, they have a few weeks to get on board, no?

• Moderators

From now until 1st June, I am eating up all of the bad food in my house and taking time to design a comprehensive meal plan to give myself the best chance of making it through the Whole30!

May I gently suggest that if you already know that the foods are 'bad' that maybe you should donate them/chuck them/flush them instead of eating through them? You will set yourself up for easier success if you start removing things now instead of going balls to the wall with 'bad' food for the next 19 days and then shutting that all off on June 1.  Give yourself the best chance by eating considerately between now and then... just because the food is there (in your house, on a buffet table, being offered to you) doesn't mean you need to eat it... Also a good thing to start practicing now so that when you’re offered food in June that doesn’t fit Whole30, you’ll be somewhat practiced in saying ‘no thanks’.

Thank you to both of you for taking the time to comment on my post.

ladyshanny - I agree about it being a great way of eating if you love food and thank you for the suggestion regarding getting my family on board but I don't think it's going to happen; my sister is the fussiest eater you will ever meet and my dad enjoys pie and beer too much lol! Also, thank you for the links to the resources and your blog - very useful!

SugarcubeOD - I completely get your point here and I think you're right. I have been eating more Whole30 style main meals, I've cut back on my snacking and I've not had any alcohol for the last week. The food I've been using up is stuff like porridge, feta cheese and chickpeas - some of which I may try to reintroduce after the Whole30. But as far as the box of chocolates at the bottom of my wardrobe goes, I should probably throw that away rather than dipping into it on occasion for the sake of 'using it up' lol.

Thanks guys :)

Great news! My sister has agreed to cut back on her sugar so I have decided to bring my Whole30 forward and start it tomorrow (18th May). I'm so excited for this challenge, I just hope it really works and helps me to change my relationship with food.

I'm going to use this forum as a bit of a blog and post about my progress as I work my way through! :)

Day 1 down and I'm now part way through day 2. My sister caved and ate ice cream last night so I'm on my own! I'm feeling good so far, I have been quite hungry between meals but I think that's just because I'm not used to only eating 3 meals a day (it might also have something to do with the fact that I just started month 2 of insanity!) I also have a slight headache but I hear this is normal at this stage. I'll check in again soon...

Day 4. Today is the first day I've gone without snacking! I seem to know how big I need to make my meals to fill me up for 6 hours now. It's tough though - my stomach growls a lot but I just drink some coffee or water to keep it at bay (which it does). My tactic has been that each time I crave a snack, I get up from my desk and walk around for a minute or two. Additionally, I am making sure that I eat potato at least once a day to give me some extra carbs for my Insanity workouts which is something I forgot to do in the first couple of days and I definitely felt it during my workout yesterday.

Thank you, ejosterhoudt! I really needed that little bit of encouragement today  :)

I've now noticed that there is a separate section of these forums for logging daily happenings so I'll move over to there from now on!

I'm starting June 1st as well. I am looking forward to feeling better & being able to sleep without sleeping aides. I am feeling overwhelmed about starting but one foot at a time. I look forward to having support of a New friends within this group.

Archived