Helle's log, started May 16 2015

Helle

Day 1, 2 and 3 just flew by.

Day 4 is today, and I am TIRED and a little cranky / sad. Not really any huge cravings, yet, but already tired of my breakfast options, so I'll need to be more inventive for the next couple of days.

I can do this though. I am doing this.

Todays meals

M1 : choclate-chili and kalesalad, fruitsalad

M2 : roastbeef and kalesalad with pumkinseeds and a little homemade mayo for dip

M3 : Sausage, sweet potato, green beans and kale salad , fruitsalad

5 days done. I feel absolutely OK.

I feel my sleep is deeper. I don't have that many cravings, but I do experience some hunger, and some days I need a 4th meal. I'm pretty hungry between breakfast and lunch, but I try not to snack, and I think I need to make my breakfasts even larger portions, to see if that helps.

I switched to decaff, which made a huge difference.

I'm not having the best of luck with mayo-making, it's like a 50/50 chance to get it right  :rolleyes:

All in all, I'm very pleasant surprised about how I'm doing!

I'm pretty hungry between breakfast and lunch, but I try not to snack, and I think I need to make my breakfasts even larger portions, to see if that helps.

If you're hungry between meals then you definitely need to eat more. A salad needs to be HUGE to be filling enough to keep you satiated for 4-5 hours, so try added some denser veg to it like beetroot, or cold sliced potatoes.... Also worth noting is that some people report that eating fruit in the morning can lead to faux hunger throughout the day so it may be worth restricting fruit to meal 3 unless your breakfast is very substantial.

Are you using an immersion blender for your mayo? If so make sure the jar is as narrow as possible - it seems to be more successful this way!

Good luck  :)

So, Now I'm o day 9, and I still  didn't learn to eat big enough meals, to keep me entirely from snacking, but I am getting better! It's mostly if I move a lot, like today we went biking ( not very fast or very hard, very slow actually..) for several hours, then I need a snack.

I too realized, that fruit in the morning is a no go,so I try to limit my fruit a little, and only have some with my dinner. I also include some coconut butter, to balance out my blood sugar, works very well! I'm still sorta using the fruit as a reward / dessert, I'll be working on that the next couple of weeks...  :o

Other than the fruit issue, I'm doing very well if I say so myself. It's just not an option for me, eating anything off the plan, and so I don't even consider it.

My first week has been a little weird though, I sorta don't feel like myself. I'm way more introvert, and everything seems to move in slow-motion. I feel everything more clearly, like the wind on my face, the sun on my skin, and also love / hate / disappointments and all kinds of feelings, and I need a lot of ME-time, to sort through it all.

I've slept SO so much this first week. My sleep is also sounder. One evening I just simply passed out on the couch at 9pm. The exhaustion is getting way better here on day 9 though, thank God!

I actually thought it would be harder for me, so I'm very pleased with myself  B)  I've always been addicted to cheese, or so I thought.

I startet this journey in the hopes of clearer skin, stronger nails, better sleep, and if I lost some weight, that would be a welcome added bonus  :P

My period is late, it should've arrived yesterday, but I can read here on the forum, that it's apparently normal to get a little off in that department, not too happy about that, but I believe it'll sort itself out in time. Also I have ZERO breast-tenderness, and I usually have SO swollen and painful boobies. I'm very surprised, that it only took a week of clean eating to change this. I also wonder what particular food item,that was causing the fibrocystic boob-pain.  :rolleyes:

All in all, I'm doing great!

Are you using an immersion blender for your mayo? If so make sure the jar is as narrow as possible - it seems to be more successful this way!

Good luck  :)

Yes, or.. I dunno, I am using a stick blender ( it's called in Danish) I realized that I should add some of the oil  s l o w l y, and I didn't, I haven't tried to make a new batch yet, I'll try tomorrow.

immersion blender and "stick blender" are the same. The best technique with the stick blender is to put all the ingredients into the cup that came with the blender (or a similar size narrow jar or cup), push the blender all the way to the bottom, turn it on and s l o w l y pull it up. good luck!

immersion blender and "stick blender" are the same. The best technique with the stick blender is to put all the ingredients into the cup that came with the blender (or a similar size narrow jar or cup), push the blender all the way to the bottom, turn it on and s l o w l y pull it up. good luck!

I tried it again, and the mayo just doesn't come out as thick as when I tried the first time. It was very liquid. Tastes okay, and I can use it to mix with avocadoes, but I really wanted that thicker texture.

It emusifies ok too.

Is it because I use too little oil? I use avocado oil, and it's damn expensive <_< 

And I have no idea how much a 'cup' is in metric  :huh:  

Some recipies calls for only the eggyolk, but I was using the recipe with 1 whole egg, oil, lemon and salt.

Oh well..

Day 11 today, and I finally got my period yay! HEAVY bleeding today, more than usual.

I switched to mostly caffeinefree coffee at home, and today at work, I had a cup of reg coffee, and damn, I am all jittery now, I guess I don't tolerate caffeine that well. I'll have to bring my own caffeine-free tomorrow, or just have tea!

Sleep is quite good, that's nice. Hunger is normal, no real cravings at all. Thought about what I MIGHT eat after the 30 days, are starting to creep in though. 

I'm a little afraid I'll go overboard and bingeeat dairy after I'm done, and I am not quite sure, how to deal with that. The loss of control normally leads to massive overeating.

I really need to find some balance in things, something I can maintain forever. I also need to decide if there's some food items I can't live without. I hope I come to a point, where clean eating is not a question of feeling cheated of life itself  :lol:

And I have no idea how much a 'cup' is in metric  :huh:

One cup is a little under 250ml in metric - 238ml from memory - I just use the 250ml for ease and add an extra yolk, and I use two eggs rather than one (so that's two PLUS an extra yolk in total) as apparently the eggs need to be really large...

Archived