Hi, I'm Lisa.....and I'm miserable.

I looked at Whole30 a while ago...and when i saw no gluten and no sugar? Well....I thought "I can't do that" and I kept on keeping on.

Then...my mild dry itchy patches of skin became aggravated...then blistered and sooo itchy. One small patch on my arm morphed into more patches on my neck, my face....finally in my ears! Miserable...i went to the doctor. I've been to the doctor for help with inability to lose weight...excessive periods....anxiety...asthma....diverticulitis...  I always hear "Lose weight". I tried. I went to Weight Watchers. I tried Jenny Craig. I did a medically supervised fast. I'd lose about 20 pounds....and it would stop. For weeks, no loss or it would start coming back. They said I wasn't trying hard enough.

They had no idea how hard I tried. i gave up on losing weight. I'm now 51-years-old, 5 feet tall and weigh my highest ever - 255. i figured I'd just be fat. i couldn't bear trying any more.

Then...the skin thing got worse. A lot worse. My arms, my face, my neck....I look like I have some horrible disease - people stare sometimes and it's embarrassing. I went to a dermatologist who biopsied it and said "you have dermatitis - use this steroid ointment, $200 please". I asked what was causing this...."oh...you have really dry skin". I said, well, I've noticed when I give up gluten, it gets better. "oh, well, you had skin testing done, you aren't allergic to any foods..." and that was the end of her interest.

I quit gluten and eggs earlier in the month - and things did start to improve dramatically. I could wear makeup again! I wasn't scrathing constantly. Then last week, a trip across the country and I ate what I wanted for four days. A week later...I'm rashed out like crazy, clawing at my skin in my sleep....and miserable.

I never thought I could have my coffee black (french vanilla creamer addict) and no sugar...at all? Not happening. Well...it's happening. i can't live like this any more.

So...I'm doing it. June 1. I'm sorta terrified to be honest, but I'm doing it!

post-69977-0-34605200-1432263735_thumb.j

post-69977-0-44746900-1432263815_thumb.j

Hi,

I'm starting on June 1st too and terrified about it! I don't drink coffee but I'll have to give up my tea with milk which is a big deal for me!!

Main reason I was posting is that I also have terrible eczema. I've been on steroid creams all my life and I gave up all steroid creams about 3 years ago when I worked out they were actually causing my rebound eczema. But right now my skin is still dry, scaly and generally icky. I scratch all night and cover up my skin when I go out. Really hoping the Whole30 will be able to change my lifelong eczema!

I too am starting on June 1st. My friends and family will ask? Why, You're not fat!

The reason I am doing this is I am not the same person I was 10 years ago when I could run, loved to bike, hike in the outdoors, etc. I have taken on a lifestyle that fits someone else, NOT ME! I eat sugar and fatty steaks and french fries...that cocktail every evening? never had alcohol in the house before.

I drink my coffee black, know what to eat, but need a group to support me as I begin to swim upstream against the family and home lifestyle.

I will do this! I want the glow back in my skin and bright eyes I used to have!

• Administrators

I quit gluten and eggs earlier in the month - and things did start to improve dramatically. I could wear makeup again! I wasn't scrathing constantly. Then last week, a trip across the country and I ate what I wanted for four days. A week later...I'm rashed out like crazy, clawing at my skin in my sleep....and miserable.

I've found that when my eczema is healed, it's great but if I eat any of my triggers it doesn't just sort of come back, it comes back with the vengeance of the damned!  All my normal spots flare up like crazy to easily what they were before the last healing cycle.  Food matters.  Big time!

Well, it's just after noon on Day 1.

I am irritable as hell. Who knew? I have quite the reputation of being very patient with people.

Today, honestly? I am jittery, feel like bawling, and I'm exhausted. I want to be extremely snarky at work...which is not like me. Yeah, I can snark with the best of them....but usually I'm capable of holding my tongue at work.

I guess this tells me I have been pretty much fueling myself with sugar. Now no sugar .... no fuel. No patience. No grip on myself. Tired - like, "god please if I could just lay down I might not die" tired.

None of the "this is easy" day 1 for me, I woke up anxious and I knew from the moment I cracked my eyes open - this was not going to be an easy day.

Thank god I quit gluten three months ago. If I was cutting gluten AND sugar? I think I might lose it on someone. 0_0

Archived