Whole30 compliant deli

• Moderators

You can't go by brand names because vendors change ingredients and sometimes vary by region. Also, you should probably give up on finding compliant deli meats and figure out how to prepare real food yourself. :)

• Moderators

The only type of thing I've had luck with in this realm is occasionally I can find compliant prosciutto or pancetta at Whole Foods. But read the labels each time.

I cook them like I would bacon, or wrap veggies with the prosciutto (asparagus is great for this).

Occasionally, I will pack a cooler for myself with a few hard boiled eggs wrapped in prosciutto, with a side of baby carrots or other veggie.

Both are also good for lining a muffin pan to make NomNomPaleo's mini-frittatas.

But neither are suited to substitute for your protein, they are really more in the fat category.

Tom Denham has a great website on how to make really simple, crazy good meals for folks who don't want to get fancy. Check it out!

One of my favorites is his slow cooker chuck roast. It could not be more easy to make! 2 ingredients plus some spices, and it never fails to turn out tasty as can be: http://www.wholelifeeating.com/2012/02/slow-cooker-chuck-roast/

• 3 weeks later...

Archived