Eat to perform

Oh I am so confused. Somebody please please post opinions about Eat to Perform. I'm a crossfitter, have done a few whole30's with great success, and am now breaking into the whole Eat to Perform psyche, but, am pretty confused. I get the idea, and do think you can eat to perform following the whole30 guidelines, or just strict paleo, but it seems you have to eat soooo much food to up your carbs to the amounts ETP suggests. People on ETP are always posting about eating so much, what I would consider to be, junk, but also hitting great PR's. I loved whole30 results but they were HARD for me and the thought of doing another is pretty overwhelming, which is why I started ETP, counting macros and calories, but the temptation to fill the macros with non nutrient dense foods is just too tempting. I want to keep gaining muscle, but cut the fat I've put on.

Someone might just need to tell me to stop being a weeny and just do another whole30 already.

Eat to Perform is not affiliated with the whole30 or the whole9. Perhaps they have a message board you could query? 

If you want to follow whole30 recommendations, you will find that the Hartwigs do prioritize health over performance. They acknowledge that sometimes athletes will make compromises on health to meet certain goals. It is certainly possible to meet performance goals without consuming junk food, but sometimes athletes make choices that help performance goals in the short term while compromising longer term health. If you don't make your living off of your athletic performance I would seriously question going to that extreme.

Have you tried doing a whole30 where you strictly and precisely follow both the meal template and the pre- and post workout recommendations? If you haven't I would give that a try next. good luck.

Miss Mary has given you some excellent advice.  ETP sounds so similar to the WW where you can use your entire points quota for the day on play foods and snacks. Counting macros and calories is virtually the same as counting points...so that would be dieting, too.  

Paleo is very confusing because no one owns "Paleo" or can even accurately define it.  Paleo for some is just as you've described - filled with Paleo desserts and gluten free snacks, gels, honey, etc.    There's Paleo and then there's The Whole 30.  It's the real deal and you're right, it's not for sissies.   It requires that you stay in your own lane and Go Hard or Go Home, right?  Compliant without complaints.  The Whole 30 is complete with every detail of the template and rules.  It's simple and as long as you don't color outside of the lines or push the boundaries with compliant foods...its the BIG WIN. 

If you're a crossfitter - you have the mindset to UP your game.

Great responses ladies, thank you! I know ETP is not associated with whole30 or whole9, I really was just wanting some professional opinions on it from people outside of ETP. It's been a long time since I did a whole30 and no, I haven't followed the pre and post workout template you're spaking about. This might be my answer!

Compliant without complaints, I like that!

Thanks again.

Great responses ladies, thank you! I know ETP is not associated with whole30 or whole9, I really was just wanting some professional opinions on it from people outside of ETP. It's been a long time since I did a whole30 and no, I haven't followed the pre and post workout template you're spaking about. This might be my answer!

Compliant without complaints, I like that!

That's just how I do.  :)  

Thanks again.

Archived