Travel food - Rx Bars and Beef Sticks

kmg4805

Hi there,

I am going out of town this Thursday and I've purchased Rx Bars and Beef Sticks to have on hand as I'm going to have several meals that will be tough to be compliant otherwise. Do I use the Rx Bars and Beef Sticks as my protein replacement? How many sticks should I have for my protein? They have 6g of protein per stick.

Thanks for the help!

• Administrators

If you can at all help it, I would not use these bars or meat sticks as your protein sources for meals.  They are really meant to be used as emergency food to get you by and are not an optimal choice.  Better protein choices would be canned salmon, tuna, sardines or hard boiled eggs.  Where you're going will you have access to a fridge or a cooler where you can change out the ice? Can you precook some food like chicken thighs or scotch eggs and take it with you?  

The recommendation for protein is not in grams, it's 1-2 palm sized (length, width & thickness) portions of protein. Using the sticks you would have to determine based on your own context how many you would need. As I said, not the best plan if you can at all help it.

Archived