Starting June 8! Who's with me?

klack

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fell off the wagon on day 19. I got so bored with chicken. I haven't started over completely and feel pretty awful. I was feeling great but so bored and like eating was a chore, it wasn't enjoyable. I'll start again in August and go the vegetarian route with chicken added. Thank you for your support along the way. :)

• Administrators

I fell off the wagon on day 19. I got so bored with chicken. I haven't started over completely and feel pretty awful. I was feeling great but so bored and like eating was a chore, it wasn't enjoyable. I'll start again in August and go the vegetarian route with chicken added. Thank you for your support along the way. :)

Hi Arrow,

Are you normally a vegetarian? Because combining the two programs and allowing the vegetarian options in addition to animal meats is not the Whole30 at all.  You can certainly do whatever you want because you're an adult, but just understand that a Whole30 with eggs, chicken and fish but also dairy, lentils and legumes isn't any version of Whole30.

Why did you get bored with the chicken, was it your only protein? Do you eat fish? How about eggs? If you do eat these items I can think of enough variations just while I sit here to get you through every meal for 10 days without ever repeating a meal.  

Did you make some sauces?

Sunshine Sauce

Homemade Mayo (and endless variations, google)

Lizard Sauce

Chimichurri, hollandaise, pesto, BBQ sauce, ketchup, balsamic vinagairette,  (you can find all these on google, just watch the ingredients)

Spice mixes?

Greek Seasoning

Italian Sausage Seasoning

Ras El Hanout

Za'atar

And about eight billion more.........

Try poaching chicken or brining it? Thighs vs breasts? Sliced vs chunked? Included with peppers and pineapple and zucchini in a coconut milk sauce to make Pina Colada chicken? How about this Buffalo Chicken "Pasta"? Omelettes, frittatas, poached, fried.  Canned salmon, canned tuna, sardines, smoked oysters, smoked salmon if you can find it, fresh fishes on the grill.  The options are truly endless and if you find the right combination you can do most of it in 30 minutes or less each evening if you do a couple hours of prep on the weekends.

You can do this without combining programs and without getting bored, I promise!

Try poaching chicken or brining it? Thighs vs breasts? Sliced vs chunked? Included with peppers and pineapple and zucchini in a coconut milk sauce to make Pina Colada chicken? How about this Buffalo Chicken "Pasta"? Omelettes, frittatas, poached, fried.  Canned salmon, canned tuna, sardines, smoked oysters, smoked salmon if you can find it, fresh fishes on the grill.  The options are truly endless and if you find the right combination you can do most of it in 30 minutes or less each evening if you do a couple hours of prep on the weekends.

You can do this without combining programs and without getting bored, I promise!

OMG!! Pina Colada??? Why did I not think of this yet??  New lunch coming up :)

I don't like seafood. I wish I did because it'd give me a lot more options. I've tried to eat salmon in many different ways, but just hate it. I don't even really like chicken. Thank you for all those sauce ideas! I'll try them with different vegetables. I haven't tolerated dairy well since going without it for those 19 days. Maybe this isn't the "diet" for me.

Hi all,

I made the Sunshine Sauce (with almond butter) and used it to make the green cabbage slaw recipe in the Whole30 book. Also made the Chimichurri Sauce in the book and marinated London Broil in it and then grilled it. Delicious! Both sauces are easy and would be good on lots of different proteins and veggies.

Also, the mayo is really easy to do and also tastes great.

Good Luck!

Archived