Eczema on Whole30

Any insight on how long it normally takes for eczema to clear up on Whole30?  I'm on Day 14 of the program and Day 8 of the program sans eggs (turns out my childhood allergy to eggs is still around, alas)  For awhile it seemed to get worse and now I think it's leveled out again and might be getting better, though I don't want to get my hopes up.

I've heard that skin conditions are usually the last thing to sort themselves out when the body starts recovering from inflammatory sources.  Is that true?  Any eczema/skin condition thoughts related to Whole30 would be greatly appreciated!

• Administrators

There are quite a few threads that discuss eczema, Google "Whole30 eczema" and you'll get lots of hits.

Personally I am very sensitive to dairy and a single instance of consumption will cause nearly 14 days of itching/rash.  I am also on an egg free trial (I should actually say "egg reduced" because I still use egg in my mayo) and my chronic spots have cleared up a LOT.  Like....almost completely healed skin in those areas.  We've been egg reduced for 3 or 4 weeks now and it did get worse about halfway in.

I don't have experience with eczema--so this may or may not apply--but I have psoriasis and have read a lot about skin and diet. (Google Chris Kresser skin and you'll find some great info.) Gut disturbances tend to show in the skin and, like you said, the skin tends to take a long time to heal. I always feel like there is a lag between eating and skin. My psoriasis always got worse before getting better. It's really hard, these skin afflictions. Hang in there.

Archived