Adverse Reaction to Chipotle - Thoughts?

MaryEtta

I needed to meet a friend for lunch out today. First time I've eaten something I didn't shop for and prepare myself in 21 days. It did not go well.

I researched in advanced. Ordered a salad, no meat because theyre out of carnitas, no cooked veggies, only raw veggies because I read about the rice bran oil. Had mild and medium salsa and guac. I brought my own chicken.

I could tell within about 20 minutes, while I was still eating that something didn't agree with me. I stopped eating. Forgive me for being graphic, but 10 minutes after we left, I found myself standing next to my car throwing it all up.

I stopped and got some coconut water and am feeling better, but not great, but I can't figure out what happened.

I really was trying to remain compliant and clearly my body didn't like something. Any thoughts?

• Administrators

A less dramatic reaction would have had me supposing that some restaurants put sulphites on their vegetables as a preservative, I've heard of unsettled, upset tummy from that but not outright parking lot vomitting.  I'd go with Chris, you might've been food poisoned.

Thanks yall. I guess I was missing the obvious lol. I was so worried that I had gone off track. Thanks to these forums I was able to get suggestions on how to bounce back without going off and am MUCH better today. Coconut water, broth, bananas and scrambled eggs were all on the menu yesterday. I didn't quite have 3 real meals, but I have to imagine that's allowed in this circumstance. Now onto day 22!!

• Moderators

It's a mystery. In general, food poisoning is not quick to rear its head. The most common food poisoning culprits take much longer to get you sick - sometimes days. There are few that bring on symptoms more quickly, but it is just as likely you got food poisoning from something you ate the day before or up to 3 days before.

An interesting chart: http://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au/science/science-in-focus/foodborne-illness-pathogens#.VYsVl0Y-ZCA

Archived