Traveling to Walt Disney World--any suggestions?

Mommyofthree

Hi everyone,

We are planning a trip to Walt Disney World in Orlando. We will be staying off site in a place with a kitchen. I already found the Orlando Whole Foods but we would like to be able to eat a few meals in the parks. Mama needs a bit of vacation too! My husband is full paleo. The rest of the family is DF/GF and try to avoid soy and refined sugars and we limit grains.

I am starting my restaurant research this weekend--so if anyone has any tips or restaurant recommendations I would love to know. We have been several times but not on a resstricted diet for all. I was there GF/DF and the chefs were great. But we weren't traveling with all the kids in tow and my hubby wasn't paleo at the time.

Thank you in advance :)

V

• 1 month later...

You can get a GF listing for all the restaurants at Town Hall. We just did Disneyland GFDF with a 4 yr old and a 1 yr old and were successful!

You can find whole fruit at a lot of the quick-stop places, and the gf listing helps know which meats should be ok. Live it up with turkey legs! Also most places will give you fruit or veg as a substitute for fries. If you web search for GF disneyworld there are a ton of blogs, that will give you a starting point anyway.

I'm facing a similar challenge going to Disneyland next Saturday. I figure I can pack food since it will only be lunch, dinner and snacks, but hard to eat hard boiled eggs and carrots or whatever else packs easily while others are eating nice warm food.

• 4 weeks later...

We went last may. I remember there being a half chicken meal at rays, but I'm not sure if it had BBQ sauce or not. My husband thought it was the best deal in the park. I think we ate bunless hotdogs a couple times and did eat the corn on the cob, but we weren't being too strict at the time. I did see people walking around with turkey legs. We made sure to eat a big breakfast. My biggest complaint was that the water tastes really bad there. We brought packets of crystal light pure. Not whole30 compliant but it really improved the taste and kept the kids happy. It has sugar and stevia in it.

• 4 months later...

Archived