A July Whole30, from the UK!

lucirebecca

Speaking as someone who had a diagnosed duodenal ulcer some years ago I'd say those potato skins & the yellow peppers aren't helping you. 

Your meals look good (albeit a bit small IMHO!) but they're lacking in fat. You have great variety, but you need to think about what you can easily digest - this will exclude anything with a skin, or anything with a vast amount of seeds (think cucumber, courgettes etc).

You remind me of me a lot of years ago so I'm seriously fighting your corner - if only I'd known then what I know now....

Speaking as someone who had a diagnosed duodenal ulcer some years ago I'd say those potato skins & the yellow peppers aren't helping you. 

Your meals look good (albeit a bit small IMHO!) but they're lacking in fat. You have great variety, but you need to think about what you can easily digest - this will exclude anything with a skin, or anything with a vast amount of seeds (think cucumber, courgettes etc).

*looks at her meal plan* Ah... ! Next week I'll have a look. But anything without skins or seeds? As well as whole 30  :huh: I read caffeine probably doesn't help. I make a mug in the morning and drink about half of that so I cut that out today! Never been one to finish a whole cup anyway  :lol:

Sorry you've had an ulcer too. I am fully onboard with the sympathy for past-you. They completely suck :(

Day Fifteen

Meal 1, 7.30am: 2 soft boiled eggs, panfried aubergine, leftover baked broccoli florets + stalk, kale 2 leftover roast potatoes and avocado

Meal 2, 1pm: 1 courgette and 1 decent sized carrot, sliced into ribbons with lemon-tahini tuna (whole tin!)

Snack (while cooking): 3 cherry tomatoes

Meal 3, 6.45pm: 1 large turkey escalope over pizzaiola sauce and kale with dill-garlic roasted cauliflower leaves

Notes

Stomach was bad after breakfast but not too bad after lunch. Already feeling over-full from dinner so probably a world of pain coming, but I'll be in the movies by then so hopefully I'll be distracted enough!

Felt light-headed and unable to focus today, but was getting this pre-whole30 too so not too concerned, except that it means that tomorrow will probably be worse and I have meetings  :wacko:

post-72750-0-74128100-1436983153_thumb.j

post-72750-0-59877000-1436983171_thumb.j

More protein!! Seriously. 2 eggs? 2 crispy chicken thighs?? I'm hungry just reading your log!

From a stomach point of view my first w30 revealed to me that tomatoes (especially raw) give me dreadful stomach cramps. It's worth drilling down a bit more.

Archived