New and worsening skin issues in first 6 days?

Hi,

I read in the whole30 book that it's common to see worsening of symptoms and/or medical conditions around the half way point, but I'm on day 6 and over the last several days my keratosis pilaris and dry skin have worsened, and I'm breaking out on my face, which I never do. Looking for some information on this. Hoping it's just detoxification; I had some bad headaches day 3-4, some itching. Definitely want to see this through! Thanks.

Is there anything new in your diet that you could be reacting to?

Are you taking a lot of coconut milk, or eating a lot of nuts and/or nut butters?

Also bear in mind that hair, skin & nails are all a few weeks behind our diet - ie. that skin break out could have been caused by something you ate previously, and things do tend to get worse before they start to get better... 

Be sure to drink at least 1/2 an ounce of water per pound of body weight, and if you'd like you could post a few days worth of food/liquid intake along with sleep/activity/stress levels for us to troubleshoot.

Hi, thanks for the response!

I'm eating almond butter for the first time I think, but I've had almonds before and haven't had noticeable reactions. I'm eating more veggies and nuts than I ever have been.

I have no known food allergies. I was recently diagnosed woth hypothyroidism, working with a naturopath. I'm nursing, and my baby has had much more frequent bowel movements, so that's why I was hoping all these skin reactions of mine were just detox!

I may post a food journal soon, good idea.

Thanks again.

Also to note: I've had thrush (candida) while nursing both my babies, don't notice symptoms right now though, and my naturopath says I have a parasite. She said to eat a handful of pumpkin seeds daily; no herbs until done nursing. I welcome any thoughts!

Honestly I would cut out the nuts.

I was still nursing my youngest son when he was diagnosed with multiple food allergies - he was reacting to (pretty much all of) the pre-digested foods in my milk. If your son is having increased BM then my gut would tell me it's from something you're eating & since nuts are known to cause skin out breaks and are one of the biggest allergens I'd rule them out as the culprit first.

Hope you get it sorted soon....

Archived