Starting tomorrow... again.

jacy

So, I intended to start July 1. But I let my sugar dragon get the best of me, so here I am, going to start on July 4. What better day to declare my independence from sugar, especially, but also from all the other foods that do not make me healthier? :) Anybody with me? I've seen some July 6ers starting, but I need to get back on track now. Like, tonight actually. I had a compliant breakfast and lunch today, but it's the long stretch at work in the afternoon when I am most likely to turn to chocolate to get me through. Not really my best habit, and definitely one I want/need to break.

Here's to getting healthier in the next 30 days. :) 

I started on June 29th but had soy, gluten and wheat today because I mixed up the places I could eat out.  Freebirds has grass fed beef but the allergens are listed above.  I thought the steak was okay because it was grass fed but I was very wrong.  So start over is tomorrow too.  I'm very upset about this but just going to put it in perspective and start over right now too.  I with you jacyjune!

Unfortunately most people start over after they eat at a restaurant or friends house because they accidentally ate non compliant food.. Personally I would only eat the food that I cooked for my whole30. You could just call it a whole34 if that makes you feel better. 

I'm right there with you!  I started 7/1/15 and was feeling pretty confident (cocky) that I could resist all the temptations on the 4th.  That backfired, so here I am on day 1 again.  I am going to focus on cooking for myself and not putting myself in tempting situations early on.  Only having 3 days in made it too easy to give in and start over.  Here's to round 2!!!

I actually ended up putting off my restart until today. it's the M&M's that get me. Which I am really wanting right now. lol But, I've put myself out here in this and another forum, and my husband started today too, and I'm not going to let the M&M's win! I managed to resist donuts in our staff meeting this morning, but now, I'm hitting that afternoon slump and am so used to just popping some chocolate in my mouth... it's tough. I hope you guys stayed on track better than I did!

jacy, I always have nuts with me at the beginning when I cut out sugar - I know I should not substitute one habit with another, but I do that the firat few days to beat the sugar dragon! Good luck!

Thanks, yggy. I've never been much of a nut person, but I might have to try to find some I can tolerate. I also just realized my lunch was basically fat free, so I'm sure that's not helping anything, either.

Try macadamia and pecans - those are the only ones I can eat (low fodmap). I also put additional oil on salads or stir-fries. I cannot eat avocado, but eat also olives. Good luck :)

Archived