Difficulty with only three meals

kristinww

I am on day 3, and it's hard for me to eat only three times a day.  I can't eat enough at a meal to last until the next one - unless I stuff myself and feel uncomfortable.  Is it wrong to eat 4-5 smaller meals a day?  I know my body won't have as much rest between but it also won't be having to digest amounts of food that are uncomfortable for me to consume.  What do you suggest?

• Moderators

Think of three meals a day as a goal to work toward.  One thing that you might try is to plate up a full template meal, eat what you comfortably can (try to eat evenly from protein, fat, and vegetables so that there's some of each left), and then put the rest away for later. When you're hungry, eat the rest of it. Over time, you will probably find you're eating more at the first sitting.

When you do need to eat between meals, make it a mini-meal of protein, fat, and vegetables, not just a snack of fruit or nuts. 

• Moderators

Never eat less than the meal size specified in the meal planning template even if it makes you uncomfortable - http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

I sometimes eat meals twice this size of the minimum specified in the meal template, but that may take some practice. If you are getting hungry between 3 meals per day eating the minimum, plan to eat four meals. That should cover the bases for you. 

Archived