Starting July 10th

jeanie793

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to meet you Megan and Lisa!

My 1st w30 had challenges no doubt! I wanted to give up several times including days 7, 8, 9 when I felt like crap. Sugar withdrawal included headaches, crabbiness and overall malaise. I even felt nauseous! But stuck it out and felt like a new person afterwards. I'm doing this because I have Graves Disease, a thyroid issue that results in lots of weight gain if I'm not diligent. And if not eating properly I get an overall feeling of tiredness and the blahs! I've had this for 15 years and I'm handling it if I stay away from grains, sugar, etc but every now and then fall into sugar hell and eventually climb my way out ;-)

So really, this should be a way of life for me. It's not easy but certainly worth it.

I also want to loose about 30 lbs so this helps with weight loss as well.

That's my story in a nutshell!

I'm in....I finished my first whole30 in June. I had great results was feeling good and had lost some weight. The sugar dragon has come up again and I need to put her back into her dungeon. My story in a nutshell....had major intestinal surgery this past fall. Everyone in the medical field thought I was going to have stage three or four colon cancer. Good news was I didn't have cancer, bad news the medical field is completely stumped as to what caused me to grow a massive tumor in my large intestine. Recovery from the surgery has been a struggle I never has any digestive problems before the surgery but since surgery I've had many problems. The first whole 30 really helped to feel like my Los self again.

I want to continue to feel well and would also like to loose 60 lbs. I know the process is difficult but the results are worth all of the hard work.

Welcome Megan, Lisa, and Jeanie....we can do this!.

Awesome to hear your stories.

Honestly, I'm looking to fix my eating habits. I am on a bad path as of late. I tell myself I need to lose weight but my brain wins when it says it's time for fast food or sweets. Time to beat the addiction on those types of foods! Overall, I want to lose weight but I want to set myself up to have the healthy habits when I finish. I'm going to be working out quite a bit, which is normal for me. Last attempt I was training for a half marathon and was super tired when I tried to run. Any advice on keeping energy during workouts? Without the sugar and carbs, I am going to have to adjust! 

Honestly, I'm looking to fix my eating habits. I am on a bad path as of late. I tell myself I need to lose weight but my brain wins when it says it's time for fast food or sweets. Time to beat the addiction on those types of foods! Overall, I want to lose weight but I want to set myself up to have the healthy habits when I finish. I'm going to be working out quite a bit, which is normal for me. Last attempt I was training for a half marathon and was super tired when I tried to run. Any advice on keeping energy during workouts? Without the sugar and carbs, I am going to have to adjust!

Make sure you have a pre and post work out meal in addition to your 3 meals per day. When if did my first whole 30 I didn't do the pre or post workout meals for the first 2 weeks and found myself dragging and having a difficult time getting through the workout. When I started to incorporate the workout meals I felt really great. Don't beat yourself up for the first couple of weeks of your workouts are not great. Your body is adapting to your new way of eating....give yourself time, the great workouts will come soon enough.

Good luck and welcome.

Hello fellow Whole30ers!

This is my second whole 30.  Last time I was super committed, did everything on plan and felt fantastic!!  Then I finished 1 day before Christmas...bad, bad plan...no way I was re-introducing slowly :P .

Of course the Sugar Demon came back and the landslide helped me lose my footing as I fell back into terrible sleep, stress and eating patterns.

I am committed to climbing out of the pit and feeling awesome again...looking forward to maintaining once I'm through.  On day two today and feeling like I want to lay in a patch of sun and nap all day like a cat LOL.

Committing to:

-meal planning and bulk prepping

-staying away from work treats

-cardio 3 times a week (minimum)

-sleeping 7 hours a night

Excited for us all on our journey!! :D

Tara

Welcome Tara and Majudkins!

HAPPY WEEKEND!!  :lol:

Tara - Ending W30 just before Christmas?! Wow!  Pat yourself on the back for those intentions! I would have fallen into a vat of butter cookies for sure!

Majudkins - do you have the book? We're excited you're here with us. Let's do this!

Megan - You've got a good plan. And it looks like your commitment is strong! 

Lisa - let us know if you need to know anything while your book is in transit.

Today's meals were:

1 - Scrambled eggs, sweet peppers, avocado, hot sauce (no sugar), strawberries, black coffee

2 - BAS (a W30 acronym for Big A** Salad ;-)) Kale with chicken, hard boiled eggs, sweet peppers, blueberries, EVOO, BV (balsamic vinegar), spices, water

3 - Grilled steak, sautéed cauliflower, broccoli, red onion, sweet peppers, EVOO, garlic powder, s&p, water

Tomorrow I'll make a batch of W30 Mayo and compliant bacon for the coming week. Sunday, I'll make egg "muffins" for the work-week.

It's supposed to be a nice morning so I'll take a long walk - hopefully 5 miles.  :rolleyes:

Have a good night!

Made the 5 mile walk, but got eaten alive from mosquitoes:-( what are they doing out during the day?!?! It's been so rainy in Chicago, they must be delirious!

#1- chicken lettuce wraps, 1/3 avocado black coffee

#2- eggs, bacon, veggies, 1/3 avocado, water

#3- going to a Greek restaurant :-0

Whew made it through Saturday! Me and my hubby along with our golden retriever went into the city (Chicago) to watch literally hundreds of sail boats take off heading towards Mackinaw Island for the 108th annual Race to Mackinaw....it was a beautiful day to be in the city and down by the lake. Got in my 10,000 steps (4.5 miles) and had compliant meals all day.

Meal 1: hard boiled eggs over a bed of greens with EVOO and BV

Meal 2: compliant chicken salad wraps with some carrots

Meal 3: compliant meatloaf with a baked potato with ghee and some green beans

Hope everyone is doing well!

Made the 5 mile walk, but got eaten alive from mosquitoes:-( what are they doing out during the day?!?! It's been so rainy in Chicago, they must be delirious!

#1- chicken lettuce wraps, 1/3 avocado black coffee

#2- eggs, bacon, veggies, 1/3 avocado, water

#3- going to a Greek restaurant :-0

Great job on your five mile walk!

Hi! This is my first Whole30 and I'm excited for this group because only crazy people start on Friday.

I lost 30+ pounds last year, have been in PT since January for an injury and have been maintaining my weight but have been meh about it all. Doing the Whole30 to remind myself I am in control of my food, jump start losing the last 10lbs and keep me well fueled as I go into my tri training.

I am home with 2 small children and have thus far dodged cookies, English muffins and juice being shoved at me. I am trying not to get bogged down by the tiny details of the plan.

Hi Megan -i'm a runner and on my 2nd Whole 30.  I just wanted to poke in here to tell you there's a good chance for the first 2-ish weeks you will be super tired/need to scale back workouts, . This is while your body tries to adapt from burining all those sugars/simple carbs to burning fat. In part it's just something you have to tough out. Advice given to me was to make sure you're eating at least 1 fist size serving of carbs (potatoes, yams, sweet potatoes, carrots, rutabegas, winter squash) per day minimum, more if you're dragging. That and really be sure to include pre/wost-workout meals.  Stick it out this time, it really does get better!  Good luck you guys! :)

Hi! This is my first Whole30 and I'm excited for this group because only crazy people start on Friday.

So true, so true! Welcome Mermaid!

It was easy to stay compliant at the Greek restaurant last night. Had Greek salad minus feta, and chicken and beef shish kabobs. I was assured all just contained EVOO herbs. I let everyone else drink my portion of the Roditis wine :-0

Today took a six mile walk and now I just crashed. Headache and exhaustion. I guess I've done too much! Plus it's very hot and humid here, maybe I'm a bit dehydrated.

#1-leftover chicken kabob and a few bites of potato. Plus some almond butter for fat

#2- same except 1/3 avocado instead of almond butter

#3- burger, salad, 1/2 a baked potato

Ok, so after writing out my meals, I see that I didn't eat enough especially with the 6-mile walk. Lesson learned.

#1 1.5 eggs over easy in ghee, (shared with my daughter), leftover sweet potato and apple mixed together and warned with cinnamon and strawberries. In bed. With my 5 year old. Not overly relaxing.

Had a La Croix and a few grapes at 10:30 as a snack with the kiddos.

#2 leftover turkey burger with mustard (not the same as ketchup, need to make some), half an avocado, raw snap peas, the last of the baby carrots leftover from the kids' birthday party, a veggie ratatouille ish dish with eggplant, squash and tomatoes

#3giant salad with home grown cucumber and my new awesome Tessamae dressing, meat sauce with zucchini noodles. Shout out to my mom who gave it to me for Christmas. It is awesome.

Went for my first "run" since I got hurt and it went better than expected.

Also I sat outside whole foods while my 5 year old ate a cookie and I drank water.

And I am realizing how much stuff I lick off my hands, randomly pick off plates, etc. it is gross. Today I spit out a spaghetti noodle I mindlessly put in my mouth as I was serving dinner.

Day three in the books! Got my 10,000 steps in and had some great meals.

1. Eggs and cantaloupe

2. Chicken, sweet potato and carrots

3. Grilled chicken with pineapple, zucchini squash and side salad.

Easy whole30 in the summer with the grill! Ready to conquer the work week!

Glad to see everyone is doing well. It is raining like crazy here in Chicago (feels like it's been raining here since March ). Hope to get my 10,000 steps in before the next round of storms due to arrive mid afternoon.

Meal 1: hard boiled eggs over a bed of greens with EVOO and BV

Meal 2: chicken salad over a bed of lettuce

Meal 3: tbd

Have a great day everyone's!

Day 4

Today was a good day except for the heat & humidity! Chicago weather is so extreme :-0

1- scrambled eggs, onions, 1/3 avocado, hot sauce, coffee

2-grilled chicken, 1/2 potato, onions, blueberries, almonds, water

3-braised beef, romaine lettuce, cucumber, tessamae, Kombucha

I went to a wedding on my second day and already cheated out of necessity (it was buffet style and I didn't plan a different option ahead of time). I learned my lesson and I'm not letting it get me down, back at it today for a new day one and it's been great so far. I do have the book!

I started on the tenth as well. Made to day 4 still compliant YEAH!!! I am finding it difficult to eat all three meals, I am just not hungry. Tomorrow is my day off and am a little worried about being home all day to graze. I guess I will try and find things to do our of the house. I will hit the gym for the first time since starting for sure. Glad I found you all. Have a good night.

Morning all!

Woke up pretty energized after having a very rough night's sleep Sunday night and an extra long Monday. Planning on taking a nice walk after work before I head to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. I'll start looking at the menu soon to plan exactly what I'll eat! 

Bfast: eggs and watermelon

Lunch: burger (with some side homemade mayo, i did it!), carrots, cucumber salad and pineapple

Pre-Walk Snack: apple with almond butter

Dinner: Compliant TRH!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Majudkins-good job with getting right back on the horse, stuff happens, and then we move forward. Good for you.

KimP - welcome! Hope you're hanging in there on your day off.. Take it easy at the gym ;-)

Megan- Texas Roadhouse! Yum! Good luck with your food choices.

I'm off to my eye dr - laters!

Archived