Sick - now what?

yggy

Hello,

I am only on Day 2 and I have been throwing up today :( Not sure if it is something I ate or just the change of diet - I do have a very sensitive digestive system :(

What happens now? Obviously not feeling like eating much for the rest of the day, normally I settle for camomille tea and a bone broth or chicken broth with whisked eggs. Do I have to start at Day 1 again, when I am sick?

Thanks x

• Moderators

Do the best you can to eat something, and be sure you get plenty of liquids. 

If you don't have any food that's not compliant, you don't have to start over. Everything you've listed should be compliant, assuming the tea and broth don't contain anything that isn't, so you should be fine. 

Other foods you might try if you feel up to it would be things like sweet potato or plain grilled chicken breast -- fairly bland, soft, easy to digest things. You might also find peppermint or ginger teas helpful.

I hope you feel better soon.

• Moderators

I have the same issue.  I am only on day 2 and got sick today at work.  Normally, bread or soda will calm my stomach.  I am trying herbal tea but wondering if this is normal. 

It is normal to feel tired in the first week or so of a Whole30. It might be normal to have some digestive issues (gas, bloating, diarrhea, constipation) if this is a big change from how you ate before, especially if you are suddenly eating a lot of vegetables and didn't previously. It is not normal to be nauseated or to throw up. If this is severe or if it continues for several days, please talk to a doctor.

Peppermint or ginger tea can be good for upset stomach. Broth if you have any can be comforting. Stick to bland, easy to digest foods like scrambled eggs, sweet potatoes, or soups. Be sure you get plenty of liquids.

I hope you feel better soon.

Archived