Starting August 8th

Emily90

Super excited to be starting the challenge although I know its going to be hard as I love my sweet stuff. Also blending this in with a 14 day tea detox & colon cleanse by Perfect Body Tea <3 cant wait to be detoxified and feeling fantastic!!

• 2 weeks later...

I drink two different tea blends. One is a detox blend in the morning and then i drink a senna blend for night as a colon cleanse. Bit nervous about the colon cleanse but they say it takes 8 hrs so hopefully ill make it in the morning haha will be doing it while im doing whole30 as to completely detoxify my body and not continue to clog my body with bad foods while detoxing. Will be paleo then after whole30. Fingers crossed. Starting a week early - tomorrow woohoo!

I drink two different tea blends. One is a detox blend in the morning and then i drink a senna blend for night as a colon cleanse. 

I would caution you on this approach, as if things go awry, digestive-wise, you wouldn't be able to pinpoint it to Whole30 eating or the teas. Your body will be going through enough change from Whole30 eating: I'm concerned the teas would negatively compound things. Further, I question whether both the teas are compliant.

Would you be willing to only do a Whole30 for the next 30 days?

ETA: I just read about this tea on their website. It's completely counter to the spirit of a Whole30. What jumped out at me is that it claims to suppress appetite. One of the main tenets of a Whole30 is to help you identify hunger cues and eat to satiety, for optimal hormonal balance. A product like this, I'm afraid, creates a barrier toward that end. Please reconsider dropping these teas during your Whole30.

• Moderators

will be doing it while im doing whole30 as to completely detoxify my body and not continue to clog my body with bad foods while detoxing. 

I would not recommend doing both things together.  Whole 30 in itself is quite 'detoxifying' (altho that word is not used) due to the high quantity of vegetables and real, natural food it asks you to eat.  Colon cleanses are a marketing scheme.  If any company requires you to pay money to feel better, they're in it to make money, not to help you.  

I'm with GFChris... I would sincerely recommend against doing both together and suggest you give Whole30 a try first.

Archived