Chastity's Whole30...turned into a Whole90?

artistgrl

So, I started this journey on June 1st. I was supposed to start with a couple friends but life got in the way. They wanted to start the next week, and then the next Monday, and then...it hasn't happened yet. I'm glad I didn't wait.

I'm 33 years old, and I've been sick for as long as I can remember. Fibromyalgia, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, chronic fatigue, hypothyroidism...I am tired of being tired, and I'm sure my husband and kids are tired of it too. I have been trying so hard to get healthy. I have a 5 year old little boy and a 1 year old girl. I want to be the fun parent. The one who can take them to the park and run around. Not the mama who is in bed all the time.

The first 30 days went by pretty smoothly. I faced weekend conventions, anniversaries, parties, family dinners, all without wavering. Then a group at my gym decided to give it a try, and instead of stopping at the 30 day mark, I decided to give it another 30 days. Now I'm on day 53 and I feel like I'm FINALLY starting to come out of my fog. Probably because at about day 35 I found out I need to take thyroid medication. Now I'm excited for the next 30 days!

This is fantastic, and I hope you have a wonderful trip for your anniversary!

As you move forward, I hope you post on the success stories thread (maybe you have and I haven't seen it?). I feel like folks with ongoing health concerns sometimes are disappointed that they don't see the results they want in 30 days, and it's so nice to have longer-term success stories on there.

Archived