JulieP's WF30 Log

JulieP757

M1 - breakfast bowl made w about 1/4 of a big baked potato sautéed in ghee w steak and the last of the brussels sprouts. Delicious.

Did body pump class at noon.

M2 - huge salad made w kale salad mix, cucumber, red pepper, tomato, half an avocado, beets, the other 1/4 of the baked potato, roasted chicken thighs, a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries dressed w avocado oil and balsamic.

M3 - leftover chuck roast, kamboucha squash, coleslaw, roasted broccoli.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slept like crap last night. Couldn't fall asleep and then couldn't stay asleep. You'd think I'd be exhausted right now, but I'm not the least bit sleepy - not a good sign. Going to take some melatonin and a nice hot shower. Hope that works.

M1 - Sauteed turnips and 3 eggs cooked in ghee. 2 cups black coffee
M2 - usual huge salad w lots of veggies topped w roasted chicken thighs and dressed w avocado oil and balsamic
M3 - chick roast, spaghetti squash w ghee, roasted broccoli and a small piece of kamboucha squash w ghee.

I sure got my veggies in!

Eating has been compliant the past two days, but I have had the need to snack on almonds in the afternoon.  My M1 all the sudden isn't holding me long enough, so I've been eating M2 really early - like 10:30 am.  This makes the stretch to M3 way too long, hence the snacking.  I'll be adding some sausage to my usual 3 eggs scrambled in ghee and turnips sautéed in coconut oil and maybe half an avocado.  

M1- sausage and turnips cooked in ghee and coconut oil w 3 eggs, black coffee w co
M2 - huge salad w tons of veggies topped w roasted chicken thighs and dressed w avocado oil and balsamic
M3 - crack slaw (previously frozen) w a dollop of coconut oil and kamboucha squash w ghee

• 1 month later...

Tomorrow is Day 1 and I am sooo ready for this!  I ate way too much crap over the holidays and my body is screaming for good, clean food.  The ghee and mayo are made, spaghetti squash is roasting, chicken thighs are next.  I can't wait to feel good again!

Okay -day of reckoning.....I did get on the scales and I audibly gasped.  You play, you pay.  I decided today is Day -4 - four days till official start on January 1.  I'll do the weigh and measure then.  I'll be eating W30 compliant the next 4 days, but truthfully, I just don't want to record my weight and measurements.  I am hugely bloated from eating all the holiday crap.  I've checked all of my supplements to make sure there aren't any noncompliant ingredients and I am good to go.

My head is 100% in the game - I am doing this!  

D -4 M1 - turnips sauteed in coconut oil topped w 3 eggs scrambled in ghee, black coffee

D -4 M2 - big salad w kale salad mix, spinach, cucumber, red pepper, carrots, cherry tomato, half an avocado topped w chicken salad made w celery, apple, dried cranberries (sweetened w apple juice), pecans and homemade mayo.

D -4 M3 - spaghetti sauce topped w meat sauce and a spoonful of coconut oil.

I'm bringing a hard boiled egg and a roasted chicken thigh for a pre and post workout snack if I need it.  Planning to do a body pump class tonight.

Made it through yesterday just fine.  Had the hard boiled egg pre-workout and a small chicken thigh post work out.  I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and a body pump class.

This afternoon has been a nail biter. All I can think about is cookies and candy - feels like withdrawal.  I will not succumb to temptation!

D -3 M1- 3 eggs scrambled in ghee over turnips sauteed in coconut oil, 2 c black coffee
D -3 M2- big salad w kale mix, spinach, carrots, cucumber, red pepper, cherry tomato, half an avocado, a sprinkle of compliant dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds topped w 2 roasted chicken thighs and dressed w avocado oil and balsamic.
Pre-work out - hard boiled egg
D-3 M3 - spaghetti squash topped w meat sauce and a spoonful of coconut oil

Today's exercise will be an hour on the recumbent bike.

Geez this must be sugar withdrawal.  I did not have the energy to go to the gym tonight and I was hungry an hour after dinner.  Had a mini-meal of a small chicken thigh and 2 handfuls of unsweetened coconut.  That's what I get for eating all those Christmas cookies.

Day minus 2 - two days until Whole 30 begins

Slept like crappola. Last time I looked at the clock it was after 2 am and I had to be up for work this morning. And I woke up starved of course.

M1 was 3 eggs scrambled in ghee over turnips sauteed in coconut oil w a pc of Jimmy Dean all natural sausage.  Not WF30 compliant - I will go in search of sugar free sausage before Day 1 on Sunday.

M2 - huge salad w all the usual stuff minus the avocado (all rotten :( ) plus roasted beets topped a roasted chicken thighs and dressed w avocado oil and balsamic.  

M3 TBD

Looks like my Asian pear is finally ripe, so I will go in search of a 4 lb chuck roast to make the Korean "ribs" in the instant pot.

Did 40 minutes on the bike and a body pump class. Did not have a pre or post workout meal - didn't feel like I needed it plus I had errands to run after I hit the gym.  My hunger is under control today. M3 was a burger topped w an over easy egg w a tbsp of mayo and a big side of butternut browns.

Slept well last night - almost 9 hours.  My stomach is a mess this morning though.  I think my body is still cleaning out all the junk I ate over Christmas.

Day minus 1 - tomorrow is Day 1!

M1 - turnips sauteed in coconut oil topped w 3 eggs scrambled in ghee w a pc on non-compliant sausage.  I will go in search of compliant sausage today.  I've made my own before, but the texture is totally off

I have this recipe in the instant pot now for M3 - almost done.  I used 4 lbs of chuck roast cup in 2 inch chunks (did not brown) and cooked on high pressure for 50 minutes.  It looked like the kind of thing that gets better when it sits.  It smells amazing!  I'm going to make cauli-rice and some roasted broccoli and carrots to go with.  Not sure what M2 will be - either a salad or spaghetti squash w meat sauce.

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/3762844557/slow-cooker-korean-grass-fed-short-ribs

Never got to eat a M2 yesterday.  I was out looking at houses and by the time I got home, it was time for M3.  M3 was pot roast, a baked sweet potato w ghee, roasted carrots and broccoli and 2 clementines.

Today is the official Day 1.  I'm all weighed and measured and ready to roll.

M1 - turnips sauteed in coconut oil topped w 3 eggs scrambled in ghee, 1 c black coffee

Day 2

What a yucky day - cold and rainy. The cats are sitting by the back door looking disgusted. I have a bit more food prep to do. I knocked out 4 meatloaves (one for me and 3 for the kids) and put them in the freezer, chopped all the ingredients for chicken cacciatore, which I will cook tonight for dinner, peeled and chopped about 10 lbs of turnips, which I will sauté this morning, peeled and chopped a butternut squash and prepped broccoli and cauliflower for roasting later in the week. I also need to roast some spaghetti squash and chicken thighs. I wanted to finish last night, but my back was acting up. At least the hard part is done now - all that chopping!

M1 - turnips sauteed in coconut oil topped w 3 eggs scrambled in ghee, black coffee
M2 - big salad topped w roasted chicken thighs and dressed w avocado oil and balsamic
M3- chicken cacciatore w spaghetti squash.

I'll do a body pump class and maybe ride the bike for a bit at the gym today.

I did not go to the gym yesterday.  I got a headache and diarrhea in the afternoon - fortunately it passed as quickly as it came on.

Day 3-

M1-3 eggs scramble in ghee, 2 pc bacon (Pederson's sugar free), 3 pc sweet potato sauteed in ghee, leftover carrots and broccoli

M2- big salad of kale salad mix, spinach, carrots, red pepper, cucumber, cherry tomato, half an avocado, roasted beets, topped w roasted chicken thighs and dressed w avocado oil and balsamic.

M3 - chicken cacciatore over spaghetti squash

I have some hb eggs and some clementines if I want/need them.  Not planning on going to the gym today.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Crappy night's sleep. I was so tired and sleepy I went to bed at 8:30, but I've been wide awake since 2:15 :( I finally got out of bed about an hour ago. My lunch and dinner are made, I've made the bed, taken care of the cats, started a load of laundry. I had a hard boiled egg a few minutes ago and I'm on my second cup of coffee. Just waiting for the gym to open at 5 - going to ride the bike for an hour. I may as well - it's way too early to go to work!

Day 4
M1 - roasted turnips topped w 3 eggs scrambled in ghee w 2 pc sugar free bacon
M2 - HUGE salad of kale salad mix, spinach, carrots, red pepper, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, half an avocado, roasted beets, topped w roasted chicken thighs and dressed w avocado oil and balsamic.
M3 - chicken cacciatore over spaghetti squash w a Tbsp of coconut oil

I did eat 2 clementines w M3 last night and I might do the same tonight. I love those things! 

Wholly Molly - I slept like I was in a coma last night. 9.5 hours and did not move. Thank goodness!

Day 5's food:

M1 - 3 eggs scrambled in ghee over roasted turnips w 2 pc sugar free bacon, black coffee
M2 - HUGE salad of kale salad mix, spinach, carrots, red pepper, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, half an avocado, roasted beets, topped w roasted chicken thighs and dressed w avocado oil and balsamic.
M3- West African chicken stew over coconut almond cauliflower rice

Another crappy night's sleep. I called it at 4 am and got up and got ready to go to body pump class at 5 am. They keep upping the snow totals for our area - this could be fun (not!)

Day 6 -
M1- turnips, 4 eggs and 2 pc sugar free bacon scrambled in bacon grease. 2 c black coffee
M2 -HUGE salad of kale salad mix, spinach, carrots, red pepper, cucumber, cherry tomato, half an avocado, roasted beets, topped w roasted chicken thighs and dressed w avocado oil and balsamic.
M3 - Spaghetti squash w meat sauce and a Tbsp of coconut oil

I have been eating 2 clementines with M3 lately - so good!

Slept well last night - about 9 hours.  Today was a surprisingly tough day.  I was hungry after M2 and just couldn't get satisfied.  We had 11 inches of snow last night, so I couldn't get to the gym :(  And I had to work most of the day.

Day 7

M1 - 3 eggs scrambled in ghee, 2 pc Pederson's sugar free bacon, butternut squash hash browns, black coffee

M2 - pumpkin chili (full of veggies - tomatoes, onions, peppers, pumpkin) over spaghetti squash, a whole avocado and 2 clementines

Snack - not a mini-meal like it was supposed to be....small handful of raw pecans and small handful raisins

M3 - HUGE salad w kale salad mix, carrots, peppers, cucumber, tomato, topped w a hard boiled egg and roasted chicken thighs, sprinkled w pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries (apple juice infused) and dressed w avocado oil and balsamic (eating this now)

I have sweet potatoes roasting in the oven and I may need to have some sweet potato and coconut oil.  It's a hungry day.  Thank you hormones.

I'm on a break from the day from hell. This working everyday crap is plucking my nerves. I'm tired and cranky, partly because I didn't have time to eat lunch until a couple of minutes ago (3:30)

Day 8

M1 - 3 eggs scrambled in ghee, 2 pc sugar free bacon, butternut browns, black coffee
M2 - korean pot roast, roasted broccoli w ghee, about 1/3 c baked sweet potato w coconut oil
M3 - roasted chicken, roasted broccoli w ghee, baked sweet potato w coconut oil

Yep - a lot of carby veggies today, but I needed them today. So stressful!

Archived