2nd Day and Ravenous

• Moderators

Ideally, your meals will keep you satisfied for 4-5 hours. You may have to play with amounts some in your first week or so to get to that point.. Until then, if you are truly hungry, not just eating from boredom or habit, go ahead and eat. Try to make it a mini-meal of protein, fat, and vegetables. 

If you want to post what you've been eating so far, with approximate portions, we can let you know if you're on the right track. Do your best to make each of your meals follow the meal template. That means that each meal should have:

• 1-2 palm-size portions of protein (that's the length, width, and depth of your palm), or if eggs are your only protein source, have as many whole eggs as you can hold in your hand, which is probably 3-4.
  • 1-2 thumb-size portions of fat, or a heaping handful of olives or coconut flakes, 1/2 to a whole avocado, or a small, closed handful of nuts or seeds. Cooking fat usually stays in the pan, so add more in addition to that.
  • 1-3 cups of vegetables
  • occasionally, have some fruit. For best results, limit it to two servings or less a day.

Additionally, if you work out, you should have pre- and post-workout meals, in addition to your three meals

Most people feel best if they have at least one fist-sized serving of starchy vegetable each day, and people who are very active, those prone to depression or anxiety, and women who are nursing, pregnant, or in the week leading up to their period often find they need more than that.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been noticing this too. I've also been trying to make sure I'm drinking enough water so that I'm not mistaking dehydration for hunger. Still working on portion sizes. I had been eating 4-6 smaller meals before starting this so I get full rather quickly and then am hungry again in about 3 hours.

Archived