Can I reintroduce 4 items in one day?

I am reintroducing dairy this Saturday and am interested in eating milk, yogurt, cheese, and ice cream. I'm wondering if this would be too much for one day. I was thinking of having 12 oz. of 2% milk with breakfast, a cup of chobani blended yogurt with lunch, an ounce of hard cheese before a run, and a cup (which is 1/2 pint, I know--but 1/2 cup is just a tease) of ice cream after dinner. What do you think? Too much? These are the 4 dairy foods that I would like to occasionally eat in the future so I want to try them out during reintroduction, but I also don't want to hate myself on Sunday...

• Moderators

They're all dairy (and sugar/sweetener of some kind for the yogurt and the ice cream), so that's your dairy reintroduction day.

Nobody can really say whether you'll hate yourself on Sunday. Some people have digestive issues when they reintroduce dairy, so be prepared for that, especially after breakfast -- straight up milk is probably the most likely thing to cause that for most people. I probably wouldn't have a big glass of milk as I was walking out the door to go somewhere :wacko: just in case. But you might not have any reaction at all.

Other reactions to watch for -- increased allergy/sinus stuff, which you might notice more when you wake up Sunday, and you might find that the sweetness of the yogurt and the ice cream make you crave more sugar.

Archived