Stomach flu on whole 30

So what an adventure... Here I am on day 22, and a weird stomach bug hit me yesterday.

ALL I WANT IS A PIECE OF EZEKIEL TOAST!  

Basically I have had a banana with some almond butter and some applesauce. I know these aren't "Whole 30" centered meals, but I don't see how protein is going to fare right now, or veggies. Any other suggestions? Am I ok to eat foods like this for today? Also, any suggestions on popsicles I can make to stay hydrated (I know its a "desserty" item, but I am afraid to dehydrate here.)

Thanks!
Stef

When it comes to a stomach bug, the usual recommendation is to eat whatever you can stomach. Focus on keeping up your liquids (you'll be better hydrated with a glass of water than you will popsicles) with water, tea, and bone broth. If you're having diarrhea, be aware that too much sugar (i.e. fruit) can potentially make your symptoms worse so just watch out for that. If you do attempt some protein or veggies, start with small amounts of well-cooked foods. Starchy vegetables might be a little easier to stomach than more fibrous green veggies. Whatever veggies you decide to try, try simmering them in stock and eating them as soup. You can try some shredded chicken in there too and be sure that you're salting your broth to replace lost sodium.

• Moderators

Scrambled eggs, avocado, mashed sweet potato, any sort of ground meat, mashed cauliflower are all good things for upset tummies.  Nuts are notoriously hard on people's stomach's so I would suggest staying away from that...

As far as popsicles, do you need something frozen to stay hydrated?  Plain water or maybe even bubbly water or cold tea should do it...

Archived