InsanityWhole 30

maricat

So this is day 12 for for both me and my husband. To be honest this hasn't been too hard as we have been eating mostly Paleo for over a year. We have not eaten fast food in over a decade. For the last few years we have not eaten pasta, potatoes, breads or rice on a regular basis, just during holidays meals usually. So why do Whole 30? Well we like desserts, and he likes beer, I like cider, and we both LOVE tiki drinks (Fruit juices and rum)!! So as we are getting older (in our mid 40's now) our weight has been creeping up, AND our last physical showed poor results. Blood pressure higher, cholesterol higher, and blood sugar higher. All no Bueno!

So Insanity. I have done the Insanity program 3 times. Each time I have gotten fitter - I can see it, but the weight loss didn't really happen, and definitely didn't stick!!! Now I don't always rely on JUST the scale I take body measurements too. SO what I would see would be little weight loss, but I did see some muscle definition!! SO Insanity does work, BUT if you don't change your diet all the sweat is for nothing!!! So we would work out and then have a sensible paleo dinner, BUT with a drink, and then a dessert usually. So this 4 to 5 days a week, along with eating out at lunch usually (and sometimes dinner), and surprise surprise - weight gain!!! DAMN!

So when we had our last physicals we knew we had to do something. We waited until summer vacations were over and got started.In addition we have decided to also start Max 30 by Shaun T at the same time. I love his workouts!! His video's are varied enough and tailored enough so that you do improve your fitness in 30 minutes (well we take longer because we take about 10 minutes to stretch before we hit play). I like the Max 30 because it has, showing at the same time, the movements he does, AND if you can't do that movement due to you are starting out or physical limitations, there is also a modified movement for you to do as well being shown simultaneously on the screen. Its an option, you don't have to play that version of the workout if you don't want to. I also love that is only 30 minutes. - AND NO I am not trying to sell it to you, lol. I am just saying I like it and it works for us.

This is day 12, so far so good. We had no "withdrawls". Took a while to get used to black coffee, but that was done. The one thing I miss is a sweetened drink. It doesn't matter what it is, a cider, a mexicoke or a tiki drink, I do miss sitting back and enjoying a sweetened drink on the weekend as we kickback and relax in the backyard. Instead I have been trying hard to enjoy relaxing in the backyard without the drink. For the most part it works, just my mouth misses the  sweet - I guess that is where my sugar dragon is hiding? LOL

Growing up, I was always used to throwing golf clubs in the water while telling them how much I loved them...

Now, on day 12 with no added sugar for the first time in my life (I know, because I have never seen myself do anything ridiculous like this before), my sugar dragon is a pinata... Imaginary now, but I wouldn't put it past myself to go get a real one before this torture is over!!!

FORE!!!

• Administrators

Oooo ya, get a pinata! And then fill it with garlic stuffed olives and meatballs and foil wrapped baked potatoes and plums! Then you can....er......decompress with it and end up with a super awesome dinner at the end!

Hope it is still going well? Are you seeing/feeling like you are losing weight or inches? I am doing P90x3 with the Whole30 and am seeing results! Day 17 for me.

Yes it is going well :D We (my husband and I) just finished the third week of Insanity Max!! One more week to go then we go up to level 2 eek!!

I know I am losing fat! and building muscle. I take pictures once a week and I can see that I have lost the muffin top fat, well most of it. I know I am building muscle because I find that heavy things around the house are easier to move around the house when cleaning. SO it is definitely going well. I am on day 20 today, looking forward to day 30,... and then day 1 of learning :)

Hope things are going well for you too!

Growing up, I was always used to throwing golf clubs in the water while telling them how much I loved them...

Now, on day 12 with no added sugar for the first time in my life (I know, because I have never seen myself do anything ridiculous like this before), my sugar dragon is a pinata... Imaginary now, but I wouldn't put it past myself to go get a real one before this torture is over!!!

FORE!!!

A real sugar dragon pinata?

Archived