Starting Friday, 8/14/15

suzyandspice

Hi from Arkansas!

I'm Suzy, and I'm eager to start Whole30.

A year ago I was following the No Sugar No Grains philosophy (not really a diet, sort of like Whole30) and felt great while I was on it, but then I got to backslidin'. I can tell such a difference in how I feel now vs. then.

I'm happy to have been introduced to this program, this website, this forum and the books and can't wait to get going.

I'm hoping I'll be able to cure my self-diagnosed "silent reflux" (I clear my throat for half an hour after I eat ANYTHING -- drives me and my cubicle-mates nuts), plus a myriad of other nagging issues that come from consuming grains, sugar, etc.

Hi!

Suzy :)

www.towellwithyou.com

• Administrators

Hi from Arkansas!

I'm Suzy, and I'm eager to start Whole30.

A year ago I was following the No Sugar No Grains philosophy (not really a diet, sort of like Whole30) and felt great while I was on it, but then I got to backslidin'. I can tell such a difference in how I feel now vs. then.

I'm happy to have been introduced to this program, this website, this forum and the books and can't wait to get going.

I'm hoping I'll be able to cure my self-diagnosed "silent reflux" (I clear my throat for half an hour after I eat ANYTHING -- drives me and my cubicle-mates nuts), plus a myriad of other nagging issues that come from consuming grains, sugar, etc.

Hi!

Suzy :)

www.towellwithyou.com

Welcome, I love seeing Friday starters, I think you guys are among the bravest! The self diagnosis might be on track but it could also be a post nasal drip that is irritating the back of your throat. Might be worth paying attention to any level of congestion as you also?

Could be postnasal drip, but I've also started to have mild heartburn in the evenings; that's another symptom of LPR (laryngopharyngeal reflux). I've had allergies all my life, so who knows? I just know that I've never tried to eliminate dairy from my diet - because I love milk so much! That's going to be the toughest part, but I'm determined to stick it out for at least 30 days.

As for starting on Friday, it's because I still have to finish that gallon of milk in the fridge, and tomorrow should do it. :) No way I'm going to pour precious milk down the drain, and hubby hasn't drunk cow's milk in a long time (he has Crohn's disease).

Suzy

www.towellwithyou.com

Hi SuzyandSpice,

I am starting tomorrow.  My husband and I are excited.  Have Chicken and steak defrosting so I can do mucho cooking tomorrow after I make us steak and eggs w/avocado and some fruit for breakfast.  We are starting tomorrow because we had a luncheon/theatre event today and wanted to make sure all upcoming events were finished so we can have 30 days free to eat the WHOLE 30 way.  I wish you luck and an easy 30 days. 

Let's keep each other posted -- for support. 

Here's to DAY 1

That sounds great, NY2LA2MONTREAL. I love that the program encourages us to wait if we have a big event that might interfere with our success. (It's like they recognize that we're human or something! :) )

Your breakfast sounds yummy. Wishing you much success on the journey! I look forward to keeping in touch.

Suzy O

www.towellwithyou.com

Same to you! I didn't have time to grocery shop today, so I'll fix eggs with coconut oil and it with cherry tomatoes for breakfast tomorrow. I'll probably go to the store on my lunch break so I'll have something Whole30 to eat for lunch! I have almond butter at work but need celery to eat it with.

I'm looking forward to this a lot and dreading it a little as I get used to not having milk, cheese or regular butter. I can't wait to see what I feel like next month, though!

Happy Friday to you. :)

Hi Suzy,

Hang in there.....years (and I mean years ago) I did the Pritikin Diet - it was a no fat diet -- I had great success but then one day I was with friends and they ordered pizza -- I figured what the heck...so I had a piece and boy did my body know it the cheese (and I am sure other fat) felt like crazy glue in my veins.  I was lethargic for 3 days. 

And that is what I know I am going to like about doing the WHOLE 30 -- after denying all the things we are supposed to for 30 days, my body WILL react to things I would be better off without eating.  

And doing away with the scale is another thing I like.....when on pritikin I never weighed myself...but one day I did -- the scale didn't match how I looked and I thought I failed.

Hang in there....I got thru day one and was not hungry and did not miss the dairy --now it is day two...and then it will be day 3,4.5 and so on.

GOOD LUCK....and know you have support from me and a lot of other people

Archived