Farmhouse Culture Flavors

Zyriel

I didn't like sauerkraut previously, but my Fiance loves it and I love other pickled vegetables so a while back I realized that GOOD sauerkraut is pretty ok.

I've only had the guts to try the basic flavors from various brands though. For example, Farmhouse Culture's Caraway.

I image you guys have tried all of the other flavors. I'd love to hear reviews of them.

• Moderators

I like their Garlic Dill Pickle Kraut (but I really like dill pickles, so that probably helps -- if you can't stand that flavor, this wouldn't be the variety for you) -- it's the only one of their flavors I've tried.

I can usually find Wild Brine brand more easily. I like their Dill and Garlic and their Red Beet and Cabbage (not as pickle-like, kind of earthy, mild flavor). I tried their Arame Ginger, and don't really remember much about it -- it wasn't bad, but I preferred the other two, so I've never bought it again. They also make fermented salsas -- I've tried their Salsa Rojo and like it, it's just a mild to medium heat salsa, definitely not too hot. 

If you ever want to make your own sauerkraut, it's really easy. This is a good explanation of how it works

(And just because I feel obligated to say it again for anyone reading -- ALWAYS read your labels. I know for sure some varieties of Wild Brine kimchi are not compliant due to soy.)

I love dill, and I like pickles. So I'm glad to hear that one is good. Seems like a flavor multiple brands are doing, which is a good sign. Then again so is kimchi and that is so hit or miss.

Wild Brine sounds familiar. I wonder if it's available at one of my local natural grocers and not the other one I was at today. I'll keep an eye out. Thanx.

Archived