25 going on 55

tlewis08

Hey guys a 25year old mom and ive been over weight for the past nine years and can't seem to drop the weight. My son is 5months old and I already can't keep up with his activity. It is time for change!

. My start date is October 1st.

I have a hard time sticking to things...i really really need this!

• Moderators

Hi, tlewis08! Good for you for deciding to do a Whole30.

Can I suggest, between now and October 1, do try to be as close to Whole30 as you can get, most of the time. If you can give up most grains and added sugars now, your first week or so of your Whole30 will be much easier to get through. A lot of the headaches, fatigue, and other ickiness people feel during the first week or so (check out the timeline for more information) is really carb withdrawal. While Whole30 isn't particularly low-carb (you can still have starchy vegetables and fruits), it can be enough of a drop in carbs for people to suffer some. It may also be helpful for you to start trying out new recipes and figuring out how meal planning is going to work, if that's something new for you.

• Administrators

Everything Shannon said! Also, if you are not used to eating a proper breakfast (protein, veggies and fat) within an hour of waking, I highly recommend you start practicing that also. Breakfast within an hour of waking is very closely tied to hormone balancing, energy stabilization, weight reduction and in general the magic that folks come here for. Breakfast....every day. And try not to let it be a sugar-carb bomb. ;)

Archived